New Uniforms Coming?

UNT18Grad

Trying not to buy into too much having to do with photos but Aune is featured in many of the promo photos and then there's this video. (which by the way is making fun of a viral video Russell Wilson made for the Broncos so that's why it's so corny)  But I would still be really surprised if Gunnell can win the job in just a few weeks of practice.

• Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

23 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

03ad9976-5c09-475c-b236-1b0f6582f310_tex

Thank you for that GMG.com comment winner of the day

9 hours ago, NT80 said:

Only the best, historic,  and most unique we've ever had...

E-N3e4UVgAI86Hi.jpg

There is a dilemma for me the swooping eagle looks great everywhere except the helmets.  You want to be consistent with the logos you use but the flying worm it just great with this shade of green.  I want to see these at least once a year maybe make it a senior day tradition.  

For the swooping eagle helmets I just think they need a major redesign.  Getting all the details down to make it look truly great is hard.  They definitely need to work up a helmet with a smaller swooping Eagle.  Maybe a few variations and have the current student and MGSF vote and choose one primarily green helmet and one primarily white helmet.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

I’m okay with these.  Not perfect, but, as has been proven the last few years, they could be much worse.  My only real dislike has been stated by a couple of others…the dark green look as a result of the wing in the numbers.

The helmet has grown on me over the past few years.  While I still prefer the SOW, I do think these look pretty sharp. 

If all we wear this year are these and a green version of these, I’ll be happy.  Also I don’t mind one game, maybe two, with a special uniform (even though I usually don’t care for our special unis.  ie, black and/or gray.)

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

There is a dilemma for me the swooping eagle looks great everywhere except the helmets.  You want to be consistent with the logos you use but the flying worm it just great with this shade of green.  I want to see these at least once a year maybe make it a senior day tradition.  

For the swooping eagle helmets I just think they need a major redesign.  Getting all the details down to make it look truly great is hard.  

Yes, the swooping eagle is difficult to place on a helmet where the whole logo is visible and clean without being blocked by a chinstrap or helmet bar connector.   

The Flying Worm fits a helmet better and just says "forward motion" with the angles. 

Visual History of the Flying Worm - University of North Texas AthleticsNorth_Texas_Schutt_Mini_Helmet_720111400__33504.1601585238.jpg?c=2

• Upvote 2

I'm not a big fan of these new icy whites. It comes off like a G5 Oregon ripoff.  I'm of the opinion that we need a solid unique look that sets us apart from everyone else... and then we can make minor variations but keep the core of the look.

I'd like to see a marriage of the kelly green and apple green to create a two-tone set of home and away jersey combinations. Similar to the throwbacks but using the current logo.

• Upvote 5