SMU tailgating considered elite?

When you consider elite tailgating atmospheres, you probably think of LSU, Ole Miss, the rest of the SEC. SMU likely doesn't grace the list– that is, until you've been there. The Boulevard is undeniably one of the best tailgating scenes in all of college football.

It's high-class, energetic, widespread, and exciting. Plots on the Boulevard main strip are in high-demand and are mostly filled with wealthy alumni (which there are plenty of) and organizations. The farther north you get, typically the younger the crowd, until you get to the student's area. While it's more raucous than the tamed side across the street, it's still very high-brow.

After all, SMU is the SEC team of the American.

read more: https://www.si.com/college/tcu/.amp/football/road-to-cfb-smu-football-game-day

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

Tailgating at smuT is very "Dallas".  It is the place to see and be seen, talk about what other's are wearing, who's there with who and very little to do with the sporting event.  More $30,000 millionaires than we used to see at Confetti's on a Thursday night.  They so want it to be similar to The Grove at Ole Miss.

oh my god omg GIF

Look At Her Butt GIF

jealous Look at her butt GIF

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

It truly amazes me how much media love SMU gets. They've been a doormat for most of their post Death Penalty existence, don't draw flies for games, and have a small alumni base. But you'd think the national media thinks the NCAA was completely wrong to shut down their cheating-ass program back in the mid-80s. I don't get it...

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, keith said:

Beginning to think SMU is funneling some of its NIL war chest to SI, DMN, ESPN, MSN, Sidelines Sports Network and anyone else willing to run a story.  

You may be on to something.  Basically it's an Infomercial thru media.  Can a program's image to recruits be manipulated by paid or fake news?

• Upvote 2

SMU tailgating is equal to or better than LSU tailgating?  That right there is a joke of a statement!  I've seen LSU tailgating in person.  Hell, they tailgate on the lawn of the LSU President's on campus residence!  SMU.  Give me a break!

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1