NIL/Bowl Game thoughts from Jeff Traylor

UNT18Grad

I kind of like this idea..with all of the NIL stuff bowl sponsors could spare some cash for winning teams.  Don't think it would make a huge difference in the mind of a player who knows/thinks he knows he will get drafted but I like the general idea to make bowls a bit more interesting.

• Upvote 7
  • Puking Eagle 2

Initial thought, this is not a stretch.  Players are already carted around for pre-determined fun/activities the week leading into the bowl.  Given watches and experience that make the bowl special.  Why not put forward some arrangement where their name, image, and likeness is used to promote something local to the bowl?  A place or product that is specific to the town/city

• Upvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

3 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

I kind of like this idea..with all of the NIL stuff bowl sponsors could spare some cash for winning teams.  Don't think it would make a huge difference in the mind of a player who knows/thinks he knows he will get drafted but I like the general idea to make bowls a bit more interesting.

I bet Torrey and Sanders would’ve played with $10k on the line.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Oh really?  Traylor is winning and doing the extra stuff as well.  

if Traylor wasn't doing the extra stuff, they wouldn't care.

Point being: it's not an obligation.  Not before winning.  If a coach is winning, a fanbase is fine with however he is doing it.  If he is losing, we are pointing out everything we don't like.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Jonnyeagle said:

I wonder what Littrell thinks?  Oh I forgot he doesn’t do interviews in the off season.  Have we ever had a coach as quiet as Littrell?  Guy brings absolutely no additional exposure for the program.

Littrell was actually sitting right next to Traylor when he answered this.  These remarks are from the THSCA convention going on in San Antonio right now.  I'm not sure if there's any video that will be posted of the session, but I would imagine Littrell made some comments about other topics.

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1