Sports Illustrated: ACC having discussions w/ SMU

I think smu is as good as gone and good for them. They aren’t sitting idling by while the conference quakes rattle. 

This isn’t all bad for UNT. Become the premier team in the AAC with new foes and a regional reach. We’ll be fine. But kudos to SMU for their aggressiveness. If they land in a bigger conference it will have been earned/lobbied to success.

In this new day and age that’s what it takes folks.  

Now win Seth or get out of the way. 

GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 minutes ago, NM Green said:

I think smu is as good as gone and good for them. They aren’t sitting idling by while the conference quakes rattle. 

This isn’t all bad for UNT. Become the premier team in the AAC with new foes and a regional reach. We’ll be fine. But kudos to SMU for their aggressiveness. If they land in a bigger conference it will have been earned/lobbied to success.

GMG

I don’t know how when they were turned down with the Big 12 expansion? ND and SMU in the same conference? Can’t believe they are mentioned in the same BS article! Big 12 needs to expand it’s geographical footprint, which would mean PAC.

• Upvote 2

The author seems to go out of his way to avoid saying these conferences don't really want SMU.  From beginning to end, wording is such that, IMO, SMU is the one reaching out and the interest is not reciprocal.

Good on them for being proactive, though.  They (and we, truthfully) are about to find out what the rest of CFB thinks of them.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Honestly never thought we’d play more than one season with SMU as a conference-mate—who knows, maybe not even one season.  
Theres so much in the NCAA happening now & will in the future.  UNT still needs to take care of business.  (The End zone/Athletic Center venue is still a good idea).

One day our constituency numbers will mean something; albeit some on GMG say it won’t. (SMU may prove them to be right).

••• Funny how life can take you on so many unexpected destinations.  If I hadn’t had a girl friend going to TWU I would probably be a UH alum today. 

39B235A7-CB16-429F-AA1C-FA2AB17FC2CD.jpeg.b4bdc9cab782ca9bbb48fc4d0bb1fa15.jpeg

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Honestly never thought we’d play more than one season with SMU as a conference-mate—who knows, maybe not even one season.  
Theres so much in the NCAA happening now & will in the future.  UNT still needs to take care of business.  (The End zone/Athletic Center venue is still a good idea).

One day our constituency numbers will mean something; albeit some on GMG say it won’t. (SMU may prove them to be right).

Funny how life can take you on so many unexpected destinations.  If I hadn’t had a girl friend going to TWU I would probably be a UH alum today.  

39B235A7-CB16-429F-AA1C-FA2AB17FC2CD.jpeg.b4bdc9cab782ca9bbb48fc4d0bb1fa15.jpeg

And in an alternate universe, you'd be posting rainbow texts (since there isn't a color you don't like) on Coogfans and Cougar's Digest.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, NM Green said:

GMG

It is as bad as it seams, IMO. We're right back into some variation of the SunBelt/CUSA. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

ND and SMU in the same conference?

No way in the world ND joining a conference with SMU.  Why would they want to split media revenue money with ANY team that was in G5 after TCU and Utah joined the P5.  No slight to SMU but no school in a good media revenue situation right now would want their future revenue growth split/interdependent with SMU.   

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

No way in the world ND joining a conference with SMU.  Why would they want to split media revenue money with ANY team that was in G5 after TCU and Utah joined the P5.  No slight to SMU but no school in a good media revenue situation right now would want their future revenue growth split/interdependent with SMU.   

You aren't getting an equal cut of AAC conference money. Why would SMU have to get an equal cut with ND?

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3