DRC: Fall position battles series No. 2 -- With DeAndre Torrey gone, who starts at running back?

Brett Vito

2 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

As most of you will recall, Torrey wasn’t even supposed to be a running back last season. The running back job was firmly Oscar’s until he got hurt. Torrey was slated to play a slot receiver/hybrid role.

yep.

RB, to me, is the position of least concern.

EDIT: I just wish Oscar the best of health so we can finally watch his talent unfold across an entire season.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4

On 7/12/2022 at 7:01 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

While were discussing RB's here's a question - When will Coach Cobbs start getting the recognition he deserves? 

In what way would you like him to be recognized? Not trying to be smart just asking. 

Everyone here knows him or probably Bennett are the most important coaches on staff, and he was recently "promoted" to assistant HC which is usually just a fancy way to give someone more money without a true promotion of any kind and shows how he is viewed internally.

I'm fine with him being our great secret for as long as possible because true recognition means being paid more to go to a P5 school.  We can dream that his NFL money and desire to not want to uproot his family make him happy here for a long time without needing to chase the paycheck, but getting offered nearly double the money would be tempting for anyone.

51 minutes ago, UNT18Grad said:

In what way would you like him to be recognized? Not trying to be smart just asking. 

Everyone here knows him or probably Bennett are the most important coaches on staff, and he was recently "promoted" to assistant HC which is usually just a fancy way to give someone more money without a true promotion of any kind and shows how he is viewed internally.

I'm fine with him being our great secret for as long as possible because true recognition means being paid more to go to a P5 school.  We can dream that his NFL money and desire to not want to uproot his family make him happy here for a long time without needing to chase the paycheck, but getting offered nearly double the money would be tempting for anyone.

I want him to stay as long as it's the best situation for him and his family. Maybe he will be a life-time UNT coach. It just seems when different groups come up with their "Best" position coaches, etc. PC deserves more recognition. 

• Thanks 1