UNT AD Wren Baker joins the GoMeanGreen Podcast Thursday - Fan questions welcomed!

Harry

2 hours ago, meanrob said:

Not a question but a request-

Please, please, please bring back the 7-10 minute highlight videos. I get the shorter ones in bad games but when we’re good I constantly watch them. The longer ones against Army, La Tech, Tulsa, USM and others are gold. 

The digital presence of the athletic program is very underwhelming. They’ve been posting old content lately on YouTube and it just makes the program look bad. Instead of reposting 2-3 minute highlights of every game last year, maybe a 10-15 season long review? There’s probably a question in there but I can’t think of a good way to word it lol

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

The digital presence of the athletic program is very underwhelming.

I'm looking around YYT and seeing the same content across many athletic programs.  New coach introductions.  Season previews.  Some old highlights.

Not trying to be combative.  If you have an example of a channel that is really exceptional, I'm curious and would love to see it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, meanrob said:

Please, please, please bring back the 7-10 minute highlight videos. I get the shorter ones in bad games but when we’re good I constantly watch them. The longer ones against Army, La Tech, Tulsa, USM and others are gold. 

Bring back Beyond The Green!

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

The digital presence of the athletic program is very underwhelming. They’ve been posting old content lately on YouTube and it just makes the program look bad. Instead of reposting 2-3 minute highlights of every game last year, maybe a 10-15 season long review? There’s probably a question in there but I can’t think of a good way to word it lol

I think the whole year in review for the entire program was two minutes 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

19 hours ago, Coach Andy Mac said:

Why do so many on here seem to think NT ever really had a baseball program?  It was a requirement for conference inclusion at the time and NT did the absolute minimum to qualify.  Volunteer coaches, played in a municipal ballpark, and gave out if I remember correctly 1 1/2 scholarships.  

They did have suprixing success given the investment, but NT never took it seriously.  

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

21 hours ago, meanrob said:

What's funny is I used to hate the super long highlight videos because they would include a bunch of 3 yard runs or mundane defensive stops for minimal yardage. But now they've done a complete 180 and cut the videos down to 2 minutes. What's annoying is they start a lot of the plays after the ball has already been snapped to the QB so it gives the video a rushed, jerky feeling. 

• Upvote 4

18 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I'd actually really like for this to be brought up with Wren. They've been reposting dozens of old videos for no apparent reason. And I agree, if they're going to post "Season in Review" videos they need to be more than a few minutes long. Comes across as cheap. 

• Upvote 3

We all know that revenue generated from college football is driving this round of conference realignment.  But there are other considerations that can distinguish your athletics department and give your school an edge when the football programs are basically equal.  With that in mind, if one the more powerful conferences came calling with an invitation to join with prerequisite that UNT stand up a Gymnastics program (which would be the one tier 1 university with one in the state) and/or baseball program would that be feasible within 4 years?   Secondary related question; are there any provisions in the AAC conference agreement that rewards UNT for standing up the programs we don't sponser currently?

• Upvote 3

Wren,

Why do we still have issues finding caps, shirts and apparel outside Denton County? Other schools have no such problem. It seems like we don't want to have our brand out there.

Also, can we get back to green and white as our primary colors? Don't mind all black on occasion. But we are Mean Green. Do away with gray!

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2