SMU to PAC12?

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

I’ll say this again, for the benefit of the slower kids. 

North Texas has a much larger enrollment, sitting in a town of 137k or so.  SMU has a smaller enrollment but sits in the center of a city of 1.4M.  That means that “Dallas’ Team” (they even put the Dallas D on the helmets) can’t manage to consistently draw more than about 1% of the city they occupy while going WAY out of their way to claim people give a rat’s ass. 

E, you may need to write it in crayon for them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rcade said:

If the PAC-12 wants a school that watches Revenge of the Nerds to root for the Alpha Betas, they can have them.

LOL so well said.  I have never seen a more cliche fraternity scene.  Rapiest looking polo wearing popped collar group you could find.  Beautiful campus though.  

• Upvote 2

I would think the PAC would be interested in Texas Tech or OSU more so then anyone else out of the region. 

What is the Big12 with out Texas and OU?  its certainly not a conference on the same level as the SEC or Big10, and they are not going to generate the same revenue as they did in the past with TX/OU, the PAC might be a better option for Tech and OSU.

• Upvote 2

This board has some bizarre realignment views, wow.

Nobody is leaving the stability of the B12 to go to PAC and pray it holds together unless the payday was waaay higher, which it won't be.

Even if the money WAS way bigger, Tech is about the last school they'd want. No market, hard to travel to, not particularly prestigious, UNT-level academics. It has nothing. It's exactly UNT or similar if UNT got to play Texas and OU for 100 years. Now they they aren't playing them anymore.  In fact I'd think they'd take UNT before Tech unless they were forced by some package deal 

Edited by DentonStang
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

31 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

This board has some bizarre realignment views, wow.

Nobody is leaving the stability of the B12 to go to PAC and pray it holds together unless the payday was waaay higher, which it won't be.

Even if the money WAS way bigger, Tech is about the last school they'd want. No market, hard to travel to, not particularly prestigious, UNT-level academics. It has nothing. It's exactly UNT or similar if UNT got to play Texas and OU for 100 years. Now they they aren't playing them anymore.  In fact I'd think they'd take UNT before Tech unless they were forced by some package deal 

I’m sure you had USC and UCLA penciled in for the B1G, right?   No one on any Internet message board knows what the next move is.  As I said earlier, I don’t think there are any attractive options in Texas for the PAC, including SMU.  Maybe they think otherwise, who knows?  I also think the B12 is far from stable and if any one currently in the B12 was offered a spot in the PAC, they would take it in a heartbeat.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MCMLXXX said:

No.  They are calling every P5 conference begging someone to listen to them (but nobody is)....

“SMU has had conversations with leaders in the Big 12, the ACC and the Pac-12 recently, sources with knowledge of the situation told The Dallas Morning News,” 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

40 minutes ago, keith said:

I’m sure you had USC and UCLA penciled in for the B1G, right?   No one on any Internet message board knows what the next move is.  As I said earlier, I don’t think there are any attractive options in Texas for the PAC, including SMU.  Maybe they think otherwise, who knows?  I also think the B12 is far from stable and if any one currently in the B12 was offered a spot in the PAC, they would take it in a heartbeat.  

No, but had you asked me if that move made sense, it world have been a clear yes, in every way except travel. None of the potential PAC additions are obvious in that way, but tech is obviously NOT

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

No, but had you asked me if that move made sense, it world have been a clear yes, in every way except travel. None of the potential PAC additions are obvious in that way, but tech is obviously NOT

Maybe it wasn’t clear, I’m suggesting there are *no* Texas schools currently attractive to the PAC.  I’m not proposing any as potential additions.  I said if the PAC somehow does feel the need to dip into Texas (again I don’t and it’s just my opinion) that I didn’t think SMU would be its first choice.  Someone asked who would be ahead of SMU so I answered in no particular order other than to place Houston ahead of Baylor and TCU.  That wasn’t to suggest that I thought any of these were bound for the PAC or that the PAC sought them as targets. It was simply a response to a hypothetical. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, DentonStang said:

And throw in your typical backhanded comment at us.  Are you like Cougar Queen and got kicked off of your university's fan board so you come over here?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, rcade said:

I'm having trouble seeing Rice making it to the P5 even if they hired Ed "Straight Arrow" Gennero.

I'm seeing comments that due to the Fox contract ending in 2 years and losing LA market that the PAC is extremely desperate to find big markets and they are now not caring about facilities. 

This is slim pickings for any "P5" conference and just 2 years absolute hard passes for invites, but now? Not so much for a desperate conference. Question is, "who actually makes the jump?" It's easy to see non-Big12 teams doing it, but would the other schools say no, if offered? 

I noticed they didn't list SDSU? Surely, they'd move up from the MWC and give the PAC the southern California eyeballs?

image.png.60838bebaea208d99b8793e145d15efd.png

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, LitMedallion said:

I'm seeing comments that due to the Fox contract ending in 2 years and losing LA market that the PAC is extremely desperate to find big markets and they are now not caring about facilities. 

This is slim pickings for any "P5" conference and just 2 years absolute hard passes for invites, but now? Not so much for a desperate conference. Question is, "who actually makes the jump?" It's easy to see non-Big12 teams doing it, but would the other schools say no, if offered? 

I noticed they didn't list SDSU? Surely, they'd move up from the MWC and give the PAC the southern California eyeballs?

image.png.60838bebaea208d99b8793e145d15efd.png

Several schools left out....not sure what the Tier 1 qualification means.

• Upvote 2