DOJ to investigate the PGA

30 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Glad the DOJ is so caught up they can pursue the PGA.  

Exactly.

Overheard at the DOJ yesterday:

"Okay ladies and gentlemen, we have some options as to what to investigate now.  Should we look into the the unlawful people threatening our Supreme Court justices or go after the PGA?  Better go after the PGA as they pose a greater threat and are a blight on our society."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mohammed-bin-salman-alleged-plot-saad-aljabri-60-minutes-2022-07-10/

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

Yes, this seems like a complete waste of time. You don’t get to work for corporate ExxonMobil and Chevron at the same time.

Seems the PGA has every right to tell them they can’t play for the competition.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Yes, this seems like a complete waste of time. You don’t get to work for corporate ExxonMobil and Chevron at the same time.

Seems the PGA has every right to tell them they can’t play for the competition.

you can 100% consult for both ExxonMobil and Chevron. 

players have for years competed in PGA events as well as European/Asian/South African/Canadian tour events. PGA players are ostensibly 1099 contract employees...perhaps there is some no-compete language in whatever deals they sign with the tour, but even those are subjectively enforceable 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

you can 100% consult for both ExxonMobil and Chevron. 

players have for years competed in PGA events as well as European/Asian/South African/Canadian tour events. PGA players are ostensibly 1099 contract employees...perhaps there is some no-compete language in whatever deals they sign with the tour, but even those are subjectively enforceable 

Wow, well I had no idea. I appreciate the education. I learned something new today. I didn’t realize they were contract workers.

• Upvote 1