BIG JIM

greenjoe

On our way to Church this morning, my wife and I passed by Apogee Stadium and the giant NT Battle Flag we refer to as “Big Jim.”  Big Jim is well faded and the edges show some tatters and we wondered to each other how much the flag costs and how frequently it is replaced ?  Also, is there any market for pieces of an old worn out NT Battle Flag ?

Please catalog this under the newest off-season topic, “flag talk.”

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, greenjoe said:

On our way to Church this morning, my wife and I passed by Apogee Stadium and the giant NT Battle Flag we refer to as “Big Jim.”  Big Jim is well faded and the edges show some tatters and we wondered to each other how much the flag costs and how frequently it is replaced ?  Also, is there any market for pieces of an old worn out NT Battle Flag ?

Please catalog this under the newest off-season topic, “flag talk.”

GO MEAN GREEN

Funny. I call the flag "Big Glory".

I still believe it should be moved to the concourse behind the Wing Zone where it would become more of an "in game" experience, and our players and fans can engage it throughout the game (I could totally see kids and recruits dreaming of running onto Apogee's field while Big Glory" waves just past the north Wing Zone). Plus it would look great on ESPN's channels and might even become an iconic image of college football.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

2 hours ago, LongJim said:

I like the fact that its location means that it impossible to miss if you're traveling 35W or 35E.  

The elevation behind the Wing Zone is actually higher than where the flag currently resides, so it should be visible from even farther away if moved.  I'd think we could fly it higher than the lights on Apogee.  That should keep it impossible to miss from the 35's and visible from many part of Denton.

• Upvote 2

Yes, I noticed that recently.  The colors are now way off from the original design I did.  I am sure it will be replaced heading into the fall season  By the way, there are only two sources that offer the battle flag in the correct colors....Voertman's and Amazon.  UStore, no.  Rally House, no.  I have mentioned the problem to UStore and Rally House, to no avail.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

By the way, thanks to my publicist, Joe Holland. Also, I am working on another battle flag design that is a bit meaner than the first...I will post it for comments sometime...yes, I am a masocist who loves be beat up on gomeangreen.om.

• Lovely Take 1