The Big 12 is reportedly looking to add up to six Pac-12 programs

They both probably end up in the big 10 because of their academics. That’s a big thing for the big 10. Probably end up with 24 teams and do 4 divisions. Eventually will be the big 10 and SEC with the big 12 a step down and the rest. With an expanded playoff and maybe 1/2 spots for everyone outside of those 2 conferences depending on how they expand it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, untlynchka1 said:

They both probably end up in the big 10 because of their academics. That’s a big thing for the big 10. Probably end up with 24 teams and do 4 divisions. Eventually will be the big 10 and SEC with the big 12 a step down and the rest. With an expanded playoff and maybe 1/2 spots for everyone outside of those 2 conferences depending on how they expand it. 

I was thinking 20. Four 5 team divisions with the top 4 in a semifinal game and the winners playing for the conference championship. Will give the bowls a couple of relevant extra games

14 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

My guess. The Arizona schools, Utah, and Colorado join.

If Oregon and Washington say no does the Big12 go after Oregon State and Washington State? Still think Oregon and Washington end up in the Big10. Cal and Stanford could be left out.

Nobody is going after washington and (even less) Oregon State, other than the MWC. If you are picking another conference off rather than merging with it, it is because you want to leave the dregs of the conference behind! If i was the Big12 I'd start my calls with the Arizonas Colorado and Utah. If I get at least 2 of them I will then call Stanford and Cal. On an island those 2 make no sense as they would be outliers and are not huge draws, but with 2-4 of the others they do add value also because of their academics and and having a presence in California. Not so sure however how thrilled they in turn would be to be associated with some of the Big12s programs that academically research oriented and/or politically less aligned with California thinking.

If Washington and Oregon reach out and say they want to join you got to do that obviously, they are too valuable as brands. but they may not actually help the identity building nor the geographics.

Edited by outoftown

Interesting take in todays DMN. A Big XII with the four PAC schools would be more stable than any version of the conference before as none of the members could rule over the others because they are all close in relative strength. 

Dallas Morning News - KEVIN SHERRINGTONIt’s Big 12’s turn to poach in Pac-12
https://edition.pagesuite.com/popovers/dynamic_article_popover.aspx?artguid=0512898c-ab1f-4048-8fb5-04b39bcc0579

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1