Top G5 Expansion Candidates

MCMLXXX

46 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Lol, the con is that the stadium is big and not that they don't even own it? I would also like to know when "T-shirt fans" have been reclassified to mean a "rabid fan base."

nutsak cannon will offset any stadium negatives.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Instead of taking shots at UTSA, maybe we should focus on why we have been a "Sleeping Giant" for 40+ years. Some point we have to stop bitching about others and raise our standards on what is acceptable success on the field. Sorry, paying what we do for our HC and AD we should expect more on the field and stop striving for #Hit6

Agreed! Also, USF to the BIG 12 over Memphis or Boise seems like a no brainer. However the Big !2 have bigger fish to fry. Colorado seems to have expressed little interest in going back but Colorado State could make a good substitute. I am just amazed that Stanford and Cal may be left behind. PAC only survives if Oregon and Washington take a blood oath not to leave for BIG 10 if offered.

• Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, wardly said:

Agreed! Also, USF to the BIG 12 over Memphis or Boise seems like a no brainer. However the Big !2 have bigger fish to fry. Colorado seems to have expressed little interest in going back but Colorado State could make a good substitute. I am just amazed that Stanford and Cal may be left behind. PAC only survives if Oregon and Washington take a blood oath not to leave for BIG 10 if offered.

The PAC 12 is dead. Oregon and Washington will always be looking to leave even if they stay this round. No way they survive taking any combination of AF, CSU and Fresno. There’s just not enough options and good teams out west. They’re dead no matter what but after they lose ANY teams to the Big 12 you can get the fat lady warming up. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, RBP79 said:

I guess the only metric they use is football. Start adding other college sports and it's a different list. 

Football drives the Brand Bus.  Thus, the reason for us to get serious about our Football direction....looking at U Wren!! 😶

• Upvote 1

Part of me hopes AZ, AZ State and Colorado go to the Big12 and Utah stays (have seen comments where they have said BYU would need to be out for them to consider - screw them). Pick up a team from the east (perhaps Memphis) and then see what happens with the ACC. Then when Oregon and Washington go to the Big10 tell the rest of the Pac12 to enjoy the MWC. Hard to imagine Cal and Stanford joining the Big12 due to the church related schools and the Texas schools.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, NT80 said:

Football drives the Brand Bus.  Thus, the reason for us to get serious about our Football direction....looking at U Wren!! 😶

It’s way way way too late for North Texas football. 
Bad leadership for decades, bad hires and lack of an honest commitment sealed our fate a long long time ago.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

The only metric for those left behind is not to be alone when the music stops. My guess is academics and past concerns are out the window. If this really goes to two “super conferences” of twenty teams there’s gonna be a lot of butt hurt west of the Mississippi. If the SEC and Big Ten shut the door, everybody else is minor league college football. 

Everybody’s been predicting this for years, kinda pisses me off the G5s continued to keep their head in the sand about it and not have a plan. 

• Upvote 2