the Saga continues

tatement from Commissioner Bob Bowlsby: Big 12 officially extending invitations to the University of Oregon, Arizona State University, the University of Arizona, and the University of Washington to join beginning in the 2024-25 academic year. More details to come.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:
tatement from Commissioner Bob Bowlsby: Big 12 officially extending invitations to the University of Oregon, Arizona State University, the University of Arizona, and the University of Washington to join beginning in the 2024-25 academic year. More details to come.

I think that's a troll account.

Edited by SMU2006
Correction
  • Upvote 4

IMO, Oregon. Stanford and UW will end up in the Big10

If the new Big12 comissioner is not working on a merger with the remaining schools, or at the least going after Colorodo, Utah, Arizonia and AZ State he is worthless.

P.S. You know WVU and possibly Okie State are making calls to the ACC on on ongoing basis 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

If the new Big12 comissioner is not working on a merger with the remaining schools, or at the least going after Colorodo, Utah, Arizonia and AZ State he is worthless.

P.S. You know WVU and possibly Okie State are making calls to the ACC on on ongoing basis 

The ACC is in all liklihood going to lose Clemson, FSU (and probably UNC and Miami) here soon.  ESPN owns the ACC network and if it means strengthening the SEC they'll gladly cut a check to make sure their bell cow conference has the ammunition it needs to stay on top.

The ACC is the next one to go boom...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

The ACC is in all liklihood going to lose Clemson, FSU (and probably UNC and Miami) here soon.  ESPN owns the ACC network and if it means strengthening the SEC they'll gladly cut a check to make sure their bell cow conference has the ammunition it needs to stay on top.

As much as it pains me to admit it I agree with you 100% on this.  You SMU grads are smart fellers 😉

• Confused 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

23 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

I agree. If the ACC and Pac 12 both get whittled down to 5-6 teams then they need to merge with the American and MWC, respectively. It would keep them on a different tier than the Sun Belt and CUSA and would create a defined power hierarchy in CFB. 

1A. SEC - 20 teams

1B. Big 10 - 20 teams

2. Big 12 - 20 teams

3A. MWC/Pac 12 - 14-18 teams

3B. ACC/American - 14-18 teams

The ultimate goal would be to get representation in whatever expanded playoff the SEC and Big 10 come up with. Let's say they settle on a 16 team playoff with 5 spots each going to the Big 10 and SEC, 3-4 to the Big 12, and 1-2 each to MWC/Pac 12 and ACC/American. I have a hard time believing the SEC and Big 10 would allow it, but maybe the TV networks would see a benefit to it, which we all know is the only thing that matters. 

• Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I'm just not knowledgeable enough about those markets..  Clearly Stanford, Cal, Washington, Arizona State, and Colorado are all in desirable TV markets, but I don't know how much support they get as none of the programs are that good.   Oregon is the best program for revenue sports, but Oregon is a relatively low-population state.    The Big 12 already has BYU, do they really need another program in  Utah, a state that only has 3M people?

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

I know a troll account when I see a troll account and that's a troll account.

And yes, Big-Pac 12 consolidation is inevitable. More specifically, look for Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado and Utah to be Big 12 targets.

Where do you see UofH?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1