USC and UCLA to the Big 10

UNT18Grad

PAC will be in survival mode.  If I'm the Big 12 I'm putting out feelers to Colorado and the AZ schools.

PAC desperately needs exposure in the CST.  Biggest complaint has been games at 10-1am CST that no one watches.  I think all the Texas schools and OK State are tripping over themselves to jockey for position.

• Upvote 4
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Next to almost certainly happen:

Clemson, FSU, and Miami to the SEC.  I'd also bet that ND is Big 10 bound too.  This will set off the next massive wave of realignment over the next 18 months.  

I think ND has been waiting for a Big10 invite, however they will have to give up their TV package to join the Big10 or SEC.

The P5 will become the P4. What left of the Pac12, Big12, and ACC split into two conferences, or do some type of massive joining and we actually have the P3

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SMU2006 said:

Next to almost certainly happen:

Clemson, FSU, and Miami to the SEC.  I'd also bet that ND is Big 10 bound too.  This will set off the next massive wave of realignment over the next 18 months.  

This isn’t realignment, this is two conferences consolidating assets. This sounds dumb but there’s a possibility schools get dumped out of the BiG/SEC at some point. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

Wow hard to imagine a Pac 12 without these two.  I would think this is VERY bad news for the Big 12 as The Pac 10 will want to add teams from the Big 12 to offset their losses.  My guess is they would offer BYU, Texas Tech or maybe even Houston or Boise State.

The Big XII will poach the PAC, not the other way around. I've paid close attention to that conference since I attended the football game against Cal and the 15K people who cared to show up. Now that USC and UCLA are gone, here is the list of good vs not so good properties. Attendance at the not so good's is abysmal.

Good: Oregon, UW, Utah, and the Arizona Schools.

Not so good: Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Stanford and Colorado.

I see Arizona and Arizona State being poached by the Big XII.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Jonnyeagle said:

Have you lost your mind?  No way either of those schools move the needle at all. 

Nobody “leftover” from the Big 12 really moves the needle especially if the teams they already passed over aren’t an option.  I mention serval months ago in another discussion that the PAC 12 should be kicking themselves for not getting into the state of Texas.  None of the religious schools “available” move the needle either except Notre Dame.  Baylor is an Ann Richard’s directive away from being Rice.   TCU punches above its weight on the field but when they are mediocre who is watching them alumni and a few people in DFW?  Nobody not in those 2 groups except rabid CFB fans are making their games appointment TV.   KU and KSU gives you those entire states, elite basketball and penetration in the Kansas City media market. Like I said it's my opinion that the logical best moves for the Pac 12 presented itself when Big 12 had their first defections.  Academically they didn't want OU or OSU.  They should have offer the Longhorns and whatever team they wanted to bring with them.  If that failed, next choice would be Houston and another in state school they wanted to bring with them.  Like it or not the whole state of Texas had been picked clean of schools that could move the needle significantly for a P5 conference not already in the state.

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, meangreenbob said:

But are we really moving up? I’m not so sure about that.  

We just keep inching in land as the incoming  tide washes the beach away imo.  I would be really curious to see what our attendance looked like if we play Texas Tech, OSU, Baylor, and  Houston, every year and were around 0.500 in those games.  We were already playing SMU regularly and the other teams that will be new to our conference schedule really won't do anything for attendance even if we are 0.750 against them.  

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Jackson said:

We just keep inching in land as the incoming  tide washes the beach away imo.  I would be really curious to see what our attendance looked like if we play Texas Tech, OSU, Baylor, and  Houston, every year and were around 0.500 in those games.  We were already playing SMU regularly and the other teams that will be new to our conference schedule really won't do anything for attendance even if we are 0.750 against them.  

I think you are a little off base there.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, GreenFlag said:

Not so good: Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Stanford and Colorado.

Failing to see how Stanford would be in the not so good category, they won the Director's Cup like 25 years in a row. I know football is king but they're in a much better position than Oregon State. 

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, RiseUNT said:

Well do you want to be stuck under the bar?

Status quo and moving up are different things. Like backing into a Bowl with 5 wins, or having one created and braging about the number of Bowls a coach takes a team to

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3