Phil Bennett on Smoaky podcast

jtm0097

8 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

He has.  He did a segment with Sanoe.  Smoaky called PB who was here in his office, I believe.  My understanding is that Smoak still does the Baylor radio and they are old friends.  Denton could sure use another radio station.  KNTU is now the only radio station in the county to my knowledge.

I agree. I wish theyd expand their format a bit to include more sports/ UNT talk.

• Upvote 1

On 7/1/2022 at 1:43 AM, GrayEagle said:

He has.  He did a segment with Sanoe.  Smoaky called PB who was here in his office, I believe.  My understanding is that Smoak still does the Baylor radio and they are old friends.  Denton could sure use another radio station.  KNTU is now the only radio station in the county to my knowledge.

Jack, do you remember KDNT 1440AM based in Denton? I think a Spanish group bought it out.  
Back in the day KDNT had several future “Texas State Network” guys who had jobs there.  I think Bill Mercer also had something to do with (not only KNTU), but getting 1440AM started also.

I agree with you inasmuch as we do need an adiitional radio station affiliation in good ol’ Denton Town speaking of which—I love Grammy winning & UNT’s resident nuclear polka band Brave Combo’ song composition in this video. 

STAY COOL, ALL! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2