Now that KDs back .......

12 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I say this from not being the biggest Seth supporter by far. Many on here used KD's "departure" to further blast Seth and even took shots at PB.  Now that he's back are you going to give them credit?

image.png.d5b16a6e9906274878aeaabaa2515e7d.png

Who “took shots” at Bennett?

I said he’s going to have to cobble together the best coaching season of his life without KD to even remotely approach last year’s defense.  I think that may have been the only mention of him (at least that I saw).  Certainly not a “shot” at him.

As for Littrell, he’s made his own bed.  He can deal with the mess of emotional fans.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The fact people blamed Littrell and Co is insane. Money talks in many situations, we don’t have A$M money, but fortunately KD saw a better opportunity to come back here.

I, with no bias involved, think he made the best decision.

We still don't have ATM money. If ATM threw real money 💰 at him he'd be in maroon next year. They didn't. No one did. And based solely on KD's "clothing line", this was a decision based on looking for money bags. No real bag fell in his lap, so he chose to stay so he'd at least be a full time starter. 

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

We still don't have ATM money. If ATM threw real money 💰 at him he'd be in maroon next year. They didn't. No one did. And based solely on KD's "clothing line", this was a decision based on looking for money bags. No real bag fell in his lap, so he chose to stay so he'd at least be a full time starter. 

What if it was a combination of all the known variables?  KD’s paperwork was not yet finalized with the NCAA waiver; North Texas was already offering KD an undisclosed sum.  A couple of other teams let primarily by ex UNT coach Marty Biagi threw there hat in the ring by offering a little more than what UNT would pay IF KD met certain playing requirement and received his waiver from the NCAA.  UNT realizing that they might lose the heart of their defense and throw a couple more dollars at him.  Maybe KD just looked at the players he would be competing against and thought he had a better chance to pad his stats here in a defense where he would get tons of playing time and tons of tackles.  KD realized if you can play the NFL will find you no matter where you are.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Wrong.

They did, he had multiple offers.

But here’s the 2 options laid out:

Get paid a big chunk now at a big school and don’t get much playing time, draft stock falls etc. a big gamble.

OR

Get paid smaller now at UNT and be all conference/American that leads to great draft stock/exposure and he gets the BIG payday later like Darden.

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

What if it was a combination of all the known variables?  KD’s paperwork was not yet finalized with the NCAA waiver; North Texas was already offering KD an undisclosed sum.  A couple of other teams let primarily by ex UNT coach Marty Biagi threw there hat in the ring by offering a little more than what UNT would pay IF KD met certain playing requirement and received his waiver from the NCAA.  UNT realizing that they might lose the heart of their defense and throw a couple more dollars at him.  Maybe KD just looked at the players he would be competing against and thought he had a better chance to pad his stats here in a defense where he would get tons of playing time and tons of tackles.  KD realized if you can play the NFL will find you no matter where you are.

I'd have to think this is correct. I'm sure the risk associated with the waiver was a big factor. No reason for him to make a move unless it was just massive.  Sounds like a smart move on his part. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I say this from not being the biggest Seth supporter by far. Many on here used KD's "departure" to further blast Seth and even took shots at PB.  Now that he's back are you going to give them credit?

image.png.d5b16a6e9906274878aeaabaa2515e7d.png

Maybe not credit but they should at least backtrack their cries of dysfunction in the locker room related to this particular player leaving.

• Upvote 5
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1

Well I’m excited to see him go beast mode now. He threw it out to the universe, refreshed and will now come back with an eye on the nfl prize. 
Less than 2 months to UTEP. 

GMG

• Upvote 6

KD is listed at 6'0" and 229 lbs. which tells me he is probably 5'10" and 215lbs.  I am not knocking the young man, but he wouldn't survive in the SEC at that size playing MLB.  The same will lead to him having a difficult time getting drafted.

• Upvote 2

I don't really know why anyone cares what the reason is for his return to UNT is. I, for one, couldn't care less. I'm just glad he's back. He makes the team better. Flat out, that's all I care about.

Based on what I saw last year from PB's defense last year, I am just excited to see what this team looks like in Year 2.

Edited by DentonLurker
  • Upvote 6

• Harry featured this topic
11 hours ago, NM Green said:

Well I’m excited to see him go beast mode now. He threw it out to the universe, refreshed and will now come back with an eye on the nfl prize. 
Less than 2 months to UTEP. 

GMG

Yes! I feel better all ready. That made my day.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 2