Carlos Ortiz Update

keith

1 hour ago, Jonnyeagle said:

You do understand that he will be banned for life from the PGA?  Not good news for UNT in my opinion.

and?  he has a chance to make great money every week.  the liv tour may grow or it may fail and the pga may/may not ban them.  itś not about unt, itś about ortiz and what is best for him.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, THOR said:

and?  he has a chance to make great money every week.  the liv tour may grow or it may fail and the pga may/may not ban them.  itś not about unt, itś about ortiz and what is best for him.

Yes these guys have families and I support them as their window to make the big bucks is short.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

23 hours ago, THOR said:

I have an issue with the financial backing of this tour.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I have an issue with the financial backing of this tour.

ok...good for you...do not watch, do not support ortiz.  everything will be just fine in the world.

• Ray 1
  • Downvote 2

12 minutes ago, THOR said:

ok...good for you...do not watch, do not support ortiz.  everything will be just fine in the world.

I will support Ortiz and wish him well, but I don't have to be a fan of that tour.  It is similar to the NBA and the social justice warriors in that league, Lebron, yet they turn a blind eye towards China.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I will support Ortiz and wish him well, but I don't have to be a fan of that tour.  It is similar to the NBA and the social justice warriors in that league, Lebron, yet they turn a blind eye towards China.

I get the shit that Saudi Arabia does, but do you boycott the other countries that do bad shit as well or is this just your line in the sand?

• Ray 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, THOR said:

I get the shit that Saudi Arabia does, but do you boycott the other countries that do bad shit as well or is this just your line in the sand?

Every country does "bad shit" but China and Saudi Arabia don't really seem to care.  I wouldn't visit either country.  

I have had direct contact with one of the Saudi royal families at a former job and while some were fine, some also do whatever they want, claim immunity and buy their way out of stuff.  Also, considering they recently murdered and dismembered a member of the press, treat women in their country like dirt, etc., I have trouble justifying supporting that golf tour.  China is also a craphole.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Every country does "bad shit" but China and Saudi Arabia don't really seem to care.  I wouldn't visit either country.  

I have had direct contact with one of the Saudi royal families at a former job and while some were fine, some also do whatever they want, claim immunity and buy their way out of stuff.  Also, considering they recently murdered and dismembered a member of the press, treat women in their country like dirt, etc., I have trouble justifying supporting that golf tour.  China is also a craphole.

and the usa has not done similar?  bombing innocent villages, wmds that did not exist.  our country does not care either.

i understand where you are coming from, but our country is just as bad, we just do not want to see it.  

i do not care about the shit that countries do or do not, i care that ortiz is doing what is best for him and making cash.  hell, i would do the same, that probably makes me just as bad as him.  i am not gonna be a holier than thou person that thinks only the others do bad stuff.  america has done plenty wrong, as has china and saudi arabia and myanmar and niger and angola and japan and germany, yet we all have items in our household that we use and love that came from those countries.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

16 minutes ago, THOR said:

and the usa has not done similar?  bombing innocent villages, wmds that did not exist.  our country does not care either.

i understand where you are coming from, but our country is just as bad, we just do not want to see it.  

i do not care about the shit that countries do or do not, i care that ortiz is doing what is best for him and making cash.  hell, i would do the same, that probably makes me just as bad as him.  i am not gonna be a holier than thou person that thinks only the others do bad stuff.  america has done plenty wrong, as has china and saudi arabia and myanmar and niger and angola and japan and germany, yet we all have items in our household that we use and love that came from those countries.

So this is more about your dislike of America than the issues with Saudi Arabia. OK

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

So this is more about your dislike of America than the issues with Saudi Arabia. OK

uh, no, not a douchebaging way.  we live in the best country in the world, but do not turn a blind eye and say we are holier than thou.  saudi has issues, usa has issues, china has issues, japan has issues....why are people drawing a line in sand for this saudi tour when plenty of other lines could have been drawn if they truly cared about the atrocities of the world.  do not be some holier than thou pos now, but not before...do not use china made devices, drink german beer, eat american food and then claim this saudi shit.  thatś pathetic....and how the hell did you dervie from my statement that i dislike america?  

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, THOR said:

uh, no, not a douchebaging way.  we live in the best country in the world, but do not turn a blind eye and say we are holier than thou.  saudi has issues, usa has issues, china has issues, japan has issues....why are people drawing a line in sand for this saudi tour when plenty of other lines could have been drawn if they truly cared about the atrocities of the world.  do not be some holier than thou pos now, but not before...do not use china made devices, drink german beer, eat american food and then claim this saudi shit.  thatś pathetic....and how the hell did you dervie from my statement that i dislike america?  

Because they were told to on this one … duh. 

• Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Independent of all the politics talk, Carlos is leading after day 2, tied with Dustin Johnson

Many of you may not have realized, but he is only the second UNT alumn to play on the LIV golf tour. This is already Ian Snymans second event on the tour. He is not doing quite as well as last time, as he is currently tied for 38th. For someone like Snyman who had been playing second level South African and then the Asian tour, even last place is awesome money and more than he made in his whole career prior to 2022.

Concerning the tour, I get that there are many issues with it, but it is a fact that it is scaring the bejeezus out of the PGA for a reason. it is the first real challenge to its monopoly in a long time, and this weekends round is sold out, so people are going to see the events. When you have a family to feed, the steep increase in pay and the increase in time off seeing as the season is short, has to look attractive. I honestly don't know yet how this one ends, but given all the money LIV has, this will not be an easy fight for the PGA to win. I see already a whole bunch of pros the PGA watchers are pretty darn familiar with (Dustin Johnson, Kevin Na, Phil Mickelson, Lee Westwood, Louis Oosthuisen, Brooks Koepka,Bryson Dechambeau), only some of them are clearly past their prime. The question I guess is: At what point is it a critical mass that is so big the PGA can't afford to keep all of them out? I think it needs a little more. But in order to get that done LIV might have to change its playing system, because it might need more than 48 spots, or it might need its own proper feeder system below the primary one, and that one would also have to be more lucrative than the PGAs feeder system. How long the scheichs truely want to sink these crazy amounts of money into golf? I have an inkling it is not as long as they pretend, but if they get a serious foothold before, who knows.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, THOR said:

finished in 2nd...not a bad pay day at all.

earned 2.125 million for second and split 500k with team

Wren's gotta be hitting him up for a donation once the taxes clear....right?