KD Davis entered the portal

17 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Going to be an awkward return to the locker room after the way some of the interactions with his teammates went when he first entered the TP. 

I see it more like a Prodigal son reunion of sorts myself.  KD just got some bad advice.  I think we should be blaming Marty Biagi for a lot of this as he coached KD at UNT and now is at Ole Piss.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

It sounds like KD gave us the right of first refusal and we matched or bettered what A&M and Ole Miss offered?

I HIGHLY doubt we matched anything they offered. More likely he ran into administrative issues with the transfer or didn't like what A&M and Ole Miss offered and decided to stay at UNT. 

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

I have to believe at this point he is looking at what can get him the best opportunities at the next level. He knows he will be the focus point of our defense, however perhaps when he was looking at other schools they were thinking of him more in a backup or specialty situation role with no guarantee that he would be a starter

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

I HIGHLY doubt we matched anything they offered. More likely he ran into administrative issues with the transfer or didn't like what A&M and Ole Miss offered and decided to stay at UNT. 

If I were Littrell and was losing the best player on the team I might reach into my own pocket to make things right.  Just sayin!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DentonStang said:

I'm nowhere near plugged in enough to know, but I certainly hope so. He's be a fantastic add, even with the waiver issues. 

He’d still be able to get a waiver though. The way the NCAA hands out waivers is insane.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, DentonStang said:

I'm nowhere near plugged in enough to know, but I certainly hope so. He's be a fantastic add, even with the waiver issues. 

SMU's offseason:

Tried to hire McCasland = FAIL

Tried to hire Hedlund = FAIL

Tried to buy KD = FAIL

ball throw GIF by South Park

• Upvote 6

29 minutes ago, Greenrex said:

Today is certainly a brighter day than a couple days ago. Didn't we go through something similar with Mason Fine only not as involved?

Kind of - he had graduated already and had his senior year where he was available to transfer and play immediately. He did say something in some interview that made people side-eye what he meant, but I don't think we know that it went beyond that. 

Vito's writing: https://dentonrc.com/sports/unt-notebook-fine-vows-to-return-for-senior-season/article_e536ed9d-5bb3-581e-bd6f-4ffb4abe5630.html

The Oklahoma native briefly considered transferring to play his senior season at another school but quickly dismissed the notion.

It crossed my mind,” Fine said. “You weigh the pros and cons. I have made my decision that I will stay here no matter what.”

Fine has played three seasons at UNT and has not used his redshirt year. The NCAA also allows players who have graduated to transfer and pursue a degree at another institution.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 1