KD Davis entered the portal

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

You don't have to "find" a team when a team has already reached out to you and made an offer ($$$MU$$$). 

WideBabyishJapanesebeetle-size_restricte

I'll friggin walk away from college football altogether if a conference mate (don't care how rich they are) buys an all-conference player off our team.    I might be in denial, but it can't be SMU.

Texas, A&M, OU, OSU, heck even Baylor or TCU...   go get your money KD.  Thanks for everything & good luck to you in your future!
If it's SMU, I hope they get popped for tampering, the NCAA hammers them again a-la 1987, forfeit the season & you're stuck not playing football anymore.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

On another note, anyone notice that in his tweet where he announces he's transferring he says he's going to play at "another level"?   

A not so subtle shot across the bow?  

Yes I noticed. Seems he doesn't think all D1 football is the same level

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Cr1028 said:

This isn’t about Littrell. This is about being a small fish in a big pond. Expect this to continue until they do something to stop the poaching.

d7d28d6c-95df-48be-bea7-7f870e8afd84_tex

Which would be an implemented NIL system.

Needs to become a thing sooner rather than later…

• Upvote 5
  • Pissed 1

• Brett Vito changed the title to DRC breaking news (updated with story): UNT poised to lose top linebacker KD Davis, who has elected to transfer late in the offseason
8 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Which would be an implemented NIL system.

Needs to become a thing sooner rather than later…

Having an NIL system won't change a thing against schools like UT and A&M and SMUt.  They will always have more money than us.  You may be willing to accept the pay for play system but many of us are not happy about this.  Not happy at all.

• Upvote 3
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, Brett Vito said:

That info is in the story.

Thank you. What is is wavier going to be based on? I received a lot of preseason recognition so now I need to leave? Since we are a G5 of course they will give him a waiver. After all, why actually enforce your deadlines.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 4

I just received my Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine this evening.

"Coach Bennett comes to practice with high energy" star linebacker KD Davis said. "He's the reason I stayed here at North Texas. I believe in everything that he's coaching and that's why I stayed part of the program".

Sir, I don't believe that's correct.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Green Crazy said:

Maybe it was because no one was buying his shark t-shirts.  

Which reminds me that Datraveon Brown has a deal with the same company and the same product basically. 

I bought one, maybe I can get a refund…

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I just received my Dave Campbell's Texas Football magazine this evening.

"Coach Bennett comes to practice with high energy" star linebacker KD Davis said. "He's the reason I stayed here at North Texas. I believe in everything that he's coaching and that's why I stayed part of the program".

Sir, I don't believe that's correct.

KD and Bennett weren’t expecting Fexas to come and throw cash at him a month into the summer.

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1