Arch Manning Just Shamed His Family for Multiple Generations

rcade

Arch had made it pretty clear he didn't want to go anywhere family had already attended so Ole Miss and Tennessee were already out early in the process. 

All I know is that while Holgerson has improved the defense, we gotta step our recruiting up even further since we actually have to play against Arch and the Longhorns.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

16 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

So they got Quinn Ewers who was the #1 recruit a few years back and now Manning…that’s quite the payroll.

Watch Quinn be at SMU or UNT in a few years

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

52 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Kudos to UT.  This dude is a once in a century type of talent.  Has it all bloodlines, size, arm strength.  Watch his tape and you will understand.

You just described Chris Simms and that didn’t go as well as expected for the Horns.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, NT93 said:

You just described Chris Simms and that didn’t go as well as expected for the Horns.

Man I needed to be quicker on the draw NT93 was too fast.  With a crowded QB room with one another all time hyped  QB that has already transferred into the program in on the roster, this could be another train wreck.  The Applewhite v Simms controversy likely cost them a national championship game appearance.  

• Upvote 1

Even if it isn’t us, I would love to see a recruit like Arch at a G5 school.  (As long as it isn’t SMU or UTSA).  What would it look like?  Does he sellout Apogee?  Do we get enough recruits and experience enough success to have a lasting positive impact lasting 10 years or more?   It would be a great test case for NIL justification.   If it can be shown in receipts that a recruit can lift program financially beyond what he might receive through NIL then the arguing against NIL becomes even harder.   I would love for North Texas to be the test case.  No better place to do it a program in a huge football hungry market with demographics to be on par with all but the richest teams in P5.   

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Just now, Mike Jackson said:

Even if it isn’t us, I would love to see a recruit like Arch at a G5 school.  (As long as it isn’t SMU or UTSA).  What would it look like?  Does he sellout Apogee?  Do we get enough recruits and experience enough success to have a lasting positive impact lasting 10 years or more?   It would be a great test case for NIL justification.   If it can be shown in receipts that a recruit can lift program financially beyond what he might receive through NIL then the arguing against NIL becomes even harder.   I would love for North Texas to be the test case.  No better place to do it a program in a huge football hungry market with demographics to be on par with all but the richest teams in P5.   

ED OLIVER TO HOUSTON

I find it interesting that this is exactly the test case you outlined, and you have zero knowledge of him and Houston not even 5 years after the fact.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

Kudos to UT.  This dude is a once in a century type of talent.  Has it all bloodlines, size, arm strength.  Watch his tape and you will understand.

Once in a century talent? No chance. Once in a century polished, perhaps. He may be the first quarterback in history to get worse coaching by going to college. This dude is at or very close to his ceiling because from the time he could pick up a football he has been coached by hall of famers in his family. He doesn’t have generational arm strength, speed, or agility. Very smart football player who won’t improve much with college coaching. Think Jimmy Clausen with a more famous name. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

yeah... it's still months from signing day... i'll believe it when he lands on campus... and then i'll buy into the hype after a season on the field... remember when A&M signed back to back #1 QB's in the nation? then both were transferred out in 3 years?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

ED OLIVER TO HOUSTON

I find it interesting that this is exactly the test case you outlined, and you have zero knowledge of him and Houston not even 5 years after the fact.

Okay College Football guru (and anyone who agrees with him).  When were we in a conference with Texas, Texas A&M, and Tech.   How many Heisman Trophy winners or finalist do we have?  How many 1st Team All American's post Mean Joe?   How many times has the Mean Green cracked the top 15 in the ranking?  And are you really going to make the case a great DT in since the triple option and wishbone went out of style can generate the same buzz among casual fans that a great QB can? 🙄.  (And even during that era the QB was only second in hype SOMETIMES to running backs).    So no, this is not a fair comparison or similar test case we are far below where Houston in the Football landscape then and even more so now.  (How seriously do you think boards the Big 12, Pac 10, or even the MWC considered adding us?). Come on, I hate detail our program's lack of cachet but that was a ridiculous comparison.

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

8 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

No one in the SEC will be able to match Texas and A&M when comes to paying players. That is why Saben is bitching!

6 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Money is more important to most of today's players

Honestly, I know it’s fun to poke fun of Texas but I think it actually tells you a lot about the Mannings’ trust in Sark. With Manning money already in the coffers, you’ve got to think this is actually a football decision. He doesn’t need the $$$’s.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Honestly, I know it’s fun to poke fun of Texas but I think it actually tells you a lot about the Mannings’ trust in Sark. With Manning money already in the coffers, you’ve got to think this is actually a football decision. He doesn’t need the $$$’s.

Wonder if this turns down the heat a little on Sark?

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Maybe SMU but not UNT.  I believe that neither of the two that we had from Southlake Carroll stayed to graduate.

If he is actually good, he will be going to the NFL after the 2023 season.  I think he make Arch have redshirt season.  I don’t see Quin transferring to a G5 school if lives up to 50% of his hype.

• Upvote 1

So more is being made of this than there should be.  Ewers should start this year if he beats out Card etc.  Manning won't get there until next season and he would likely redshirt.  After 2 seasons Ewers would end up going pro anyway most likely.  No doubt they are stockpiling talent there though.