1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

So, are we now just outlawing discussions on the environment, gas prices, politics, etc... on here?  Seems every topic that veers in one of those directions gets shut down.

Probably for the best if you think about it Lifer. 

• Upvote 7
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Downvote 1

“There are plenty of outlets for Politics on the web, social media, or other, so kindly please take it there.”

The question @KingDL1 so rudely sidestepped in the new forum rules post is “what if the same  five people had no other friends to talk to about any of these topics?” Typical elitist mod. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 2

3 minutes ago, texx2818 said:

This is what happens when you give people a sense of power because they moderate a message board. It’s also exactly why message boards died, and why I guess @KingDL1is intent on torpedoing any off-season traffic to GMG. I mean, it’s cool, it’s not my message board, be a flake all you want.

The Eagles Nest has always been for people to blow off political steam. Hell it’s in the description. But, once again, not my board.

WRONG -  the Eagles Nest absolutely was not made for politics.

You are more than welcome to take your politics elsewhere. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2

Here is the description of "The Nest"

"The one and only. The place for Non-UNT Sports and general discussions. Pretty much everything goes. PLEASE READ OUR NEW TERMS OF PARTICIPATION.  Not a place for the timid or shy, but still a place where basic decency must be adhered to."

Guess some of the topics fall outside the realm of Non-UNT Sports and general discussions.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

It appears all is well and good with a topic as long as it falls within the political belief system of the moderators.  The latest one locked was in regards to Juneteenth and a faithful left leaning poster made a comment about a conservative "pundit", was questioned about it, someone made another comment, and locked.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1