Graham Harrell Update

Graham Harrell – Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach (First season at WVU) 

One of Brown’s biggest offseason moves was the hiring of Harrell, a former record-setting QB at Texas Tech who has quickly become one of the most respected offensive minds in the sport. Harrell has served stints as OC and quarterbacks coach at North Texas (2016-18) and USC (2019-21), forming a relationship with new WVU quarterback JT Daniels at the latter stop. Last season, USC led the Pac-12 in passing offense, red zone offense and third down conversion percentage, ranking in the top 20 nationally in each category. Harrell also produced back-to-back top 25 offenses at North Texas.  

read more:  https://www.wboy.com/goldandbluenation/wvu-football/2022-wvu-football-roster-review-head-coach-and-offensive-assistants/amp/

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dannymacfan said:

Losing Harrell was a big mistake for Littrell.  The offense has struggled ever since he left IMHO.

You don't fault coaches for losing assistants to higher profile/salaried positions.

You can look at your overall budget and ask what can be done to improve our financial situation.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Dannymacfan said:

Losing Harrell was a big mistake for Littrell.

Nah. The mistake was not making a good hire to replace him. We weren't going to be able to compete from a salary perspective.

16 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Him not getting interim head coaching at USC is a red flag.

If I was AD, I would never tag a coach who fans/players might like as interim. Can only create a false sense of hope. See Canales after Dodge got fired.

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

Nah. The mistake was not making a good hire to replace him. We weren't going to be able to compete from a salary perspective.

If I was AD, I would never tag a coach who fans/players might like as interim. Can only create a false sense of hope. See Canales after Dodge got fired.

If Harrel was impressive at USC he would of been IHC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1