EA Sports CFB '23

jdennis82

Looks like our move to the AAC will perfectly align with the next EA video game for the sport. Glad the announcement came when it did to give developers plenty of time to get it right from the jump.

According to the Extra Points newsletter ( https://www.extrapointsmb.com/ ) and the accompanying Going For Two podcast episode:

• EA’s aim is to release a stand-alone college football game in July of 2023
  • EA Sports is continuing to gather stadium assets and is now at a point where they would like to start obtaining music assets from your institution.
  • EA is looking for information about band songs, crowd chants, and cheers, as well as when particular audio is played during the football game.

I can't remember if previous editions used "Fly Like An Eagle" and I wonder if Steve Miller Band would nix that from being included, but I'd love to have that tune and Boomer as Apogee-specific elements introduced to the game.

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

If someone submits 'Hey baby' I will cut a bitch

Actually, they are going with “Hey Mother-f’er”. Same music but those silly students changed the lyrics because it is fun, engages the students and is “just cute”.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

10 hours ago, RiseUNT said:

UNT fight song has never been in NCAA games.

There was a feature where you could add your own music for certain points in the game for teams.  For example, I added a recording of our fight song for UNT scores and Welcome to the Jungle for kickoffs.  Also had Hey Baby (or whatever it’s called) for the end of 3rd quarters.   Goofy, but kinda fun. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

There was a feature where you could add your own music for certain points in the game for teams.  For example, I added a recording of our fight song for UNT scores and Welcome to the Jungle for kickoffs.  Also had Hey Baby (or whatever it’s called) for the end of 3rd quarters.   Goofy, but kinda fun. 

14 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

If someone submits 'Hey baby' I will cut a bitch

Super Troopers Shut Up GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Pretty sure they didn’t even have our fight song in the game, much less “Fly Like an Eagle.”

EA used to have limited space per disc so they could only include so much. I imagine this game will be much more in depth because each individual holds the data on their console. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

If they make this game anything like how EA Sports has ruined the Madden games it won't be good.  They know people will buy the game no matter what so they don't really have incentive to make a good game.  Hopes are low, but we'll see what happens.

Based on what EA Sports does, I'm expecting it to be NCAA 14 with updated rosters.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Pellom said:

EA used to have limited space per disc so they could only include so much. I imagine this game will be much more in depth because each individual holds the data on their console. 

I don’t doubt that. I just doubt the band programming would be so in-depth to the point that they would have other songs our band plays throughout the game (besides the fight song on scores).

Coach Andy Mac
This post was recognized by Coach Andy Mac!

"Good info!"

Pellom was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

28 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

I don’t doubt that. I just doubt the band programming would be so in-depth to the point that they would have other songs our band plays throughout the game (besides the fight song on scores).

I’m with you - I’m skeptical the smaller schools will get these features. So I reached out to Matt Brown (the person with the initial report) and asked him who he got the FOIA from, and he said Miami of OH. So at least for now the smaller schools are being asked to furnish their fight songs and traditions. We’ll see if they make it into the final version of the game. 

• Upvote 2