The American Conference 2022 TV coverage.

eternalmtg

Ok so I stumbled upon the 2022 American Conference TV schedule and for the most part, outside of a handful of games most of them are still on ESPN+ and CBS Sports Network. I'm just not sure what the difference will be compared to what we have now outside of Conference name when we land in 2023. Are we banking on landing ONE of the ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU slots a year? I'm not talking revenue, I know that will be more, just from a pure viewership perspective.

https://theamerican.org/news/2022/5/26/football-american-announces-numerous-television-designations-kickoff-times-for-2022.aspx

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Meanwhile in C-USA, 4 of our games will be on Stadium, 4 on “ESPN Networks”, 2 not picked up yet, 1 on ESPN3, and 1 on CBS Sports Network.  

We have more games on Stadium than any other C-USA team.  Is Stadium based in Dallas?  It’s available OTA in Dallas and on Dallas local cable.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1

AAC scheduling is like the power conferences. The vast majority of games are scheduled on a 6 or 12 day pick. Meaning that unlike CUSA, we will not know what the kickoff time or network will be until a week or 2 before.

The networks are going to pick the most appealing matchups for that week and give them better kickoff times and networks. Win and get games on an ESPN linear network, lose and get used to ESPN+ school produced games.

We're going to get 11am or 2:30pm kickoffs in September and Thursday and Friday night games, so get ready.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, GRN-WHT said:

AAC scheduling is like the power conferences. The vast majority of games are scheduled on a 6 or 12 day pick. Meaning that unlike CUSA, we will not know what the kickoff time or network will be until a week or 2 before.

The networks are going to pick the most appealing matchups for that week and give them better kickoff times and networks. Win and get games on an ESPN linear network, lose and get used to ESPN+ school produced games.

We're going to get 11am or 2:30pm kickoffs in September and Thursday and Friday night games, so get ready.

I'm at work and can't look it up, but I wonder what are the numbers of week night games in the AAC compared to CUSA in recent years.

• Upvote 1

On 6/18/2022 at 10:48 AM, DeepGreen said:

Stadium TV.  It just spells “big time”.

As I post this comment, Stadium is airing a seven-man, no-pads football league called American 7s.

I played flag football games at UNT that were better attended, because at least we got our girlfriends to be there.

• Upvote 2