Zac Efron to star in Von Erich Family biopic

The actor was announced to be playing the main character in a film about the famous North Texas wrestling family.

LOS ANGELES — For decades, thousands of wrestling fans around North Texas would pack the Dallas Sportatorium to watch the Von Erich family fight off opponents from all over the country like the Fabulous Freebirds. 

This beloved family didn't have a happy ending, however. 

The promoter of World Class Championship Wrestling, Dallas' local wrestling territory from the '60s through the '80s, was Fritz Von Erich. He would live to see five of his six sons, some of whom were the star wrestlers of WCCW, die tragically.

read more: https://www.wfaa.com/amp/article/entertainment/movies/zac-efron-star-von-erich-family-biopic/287-04c3298e-7912-4337-92b1-be4270b0d1c4

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Marty said:

That would make sense. I could buy that.

That would be my guess. The article stated that it hadn’t been decided who he would portray, but from a size standpoint, Kevin makes sense. Plus he is the only remaining brother. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Kevin did.  And it seems one of them played at SMU . . . isn't that why they did a big deal with the Von Erichs at a SMU-NT game a few years ago?

I don’t think any played at smu. David played basketball for us and Kevin played football.