Top 5 UNT Rivals in new AAC Conference?

Jonnyeagle

UTSA - and I hate to say it. But it has been a more even series and we tend to go after the same recruits. For now SMUt is a step (or two) ahead (again it pains me to say it. I am happy we will keep playing Rice although most likely they will form their rivalry with Tulane. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Puking Eagle 3

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Funny that smut fans can’t seem to stay off our board when they don’t consider us a rival. There are many more of their fans than fans from any other school. 

I'm on a TCU board pretty often, tons of Pony fans visit and engage on that site. It seems like, it's the same handful of SMU posters that come on this site. Always good, when opponents fans stop in to liven things up, I'm sure the Moderators enjoy the extra traffic.

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

14 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Funny that smut fans can’t seem to stay off our board when they don’t consider us a rival. There are many more of their fans than fans from any other school. 

In reality your talking about less than 10 people. Then again, that might be all of them

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

In reality your talking about less than 10 people. Then again, that might be all of them

Right. I go to other boards, too. I’ve never actually taken the time to create an account for those sites, though.  

It’s really fun to hear the griping about how they should’ve beat UNT-blah blah blah. 😂😂😂

• Upvote 3

On 6/16/2022 at 11:33 AM, Jonnyeagle said:

1 - SMUt

2 - nUTSAck

3 - Tulsa

4 - UAB

5 - Tie Tulane/and or Rice

I could also see Memphis develop into a nice rival over time. 

For me it's

Smut  Nutsak, Tulsa, UAB and Memphis.

Let's throw in LA Tech as a regular OOC opponent.

• Upvote 3

As far as I'm concerned all are rivals.  The only ones that we've never been in a conference with are SMU, South Florida, East Carolina, Navy and Temple.  I believe that we have played all of them except Temple (not positive about ECU).  We've also been in the same conference with Wichita State.  So this is where we belong.

I consider all of the Texas universities as our strongest rivals...the two strongest are SMU and UTSA and Rice could be if they ever decide to put some of their plenteous money supply into their football team.   

In order that we enter the AAC with respect, I believe that we need to win 8 games, and that includes a bowl win.  If Seth is able to accomplish that then I would give him a one-year extension.  If he can do it again in the AAC then I say give him a new contract.

Edited by GrayEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Rivalries have to go both ways to be considered a legit rivalry.  Most smu fans dont seem to care enough to engage in a real rivalry with UNT (their big rival has always been TCU), though most UNT folks would probably consider smu their biggest rival.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1