UNT 2022 FB Schedule Predictions

Dannymacfan

19 hours ago, southsideguy said:

SL step on our green tinted glasses last year.

Last year?   How about the last 3?  That UTSA game shouldn’t have saved his job especially since it was followed up by a convincing loss to powerhouse Miami of Ohio in a basically a home game.  I still say if the weather was dry and not extremely windy UTSA is close in that game minimally and they like win.  He is under 0.500 now with an opportunity to  post his 4th consecutive losing season.  Any hope is just regular fandom wishful thinking.  We all hope against logic that this is a great season.  But I can’t fault anyone for being realistic about a team whose high water mark appears to be 5-7.  And that ends up being the case EVERYONE should fuming mad they brought Seth back to essentially waste time but “save” money.  🤷🏽‍♂️

Edited by Mike Jackson
  • Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

8 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

@UTEP- Loss

SMU- Loss

Texas Southern- Win

@UNLV- Win

@Memphis- Loss

FAU- Win

La Tech- Win

@UTSA- Loss

@WKU- Win

FIU- Win

@UAB- Loss

Rice- Loss (Littrell is fired the following week and we prepare for our bowl game with interim HC)

I agree with your predictions except for FAU.  

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

@UTEP- Loss

SMU- Loss

Texas Southern- Win

@UNLV- Win

@Memphis- Loss

FAU- Win

La Tech- Win

@UTSA- Loss

@WKU- Win

FIU- Win

@UAB- Loss

Rice- Loss (Littrell is fired the following week and we prepare for our bowl game with interim HC)

Without knowing what we’re getting from the QB position, game by game predictions are tough but I’d agree with this except WKU. Rice may depend on what’s on the line that game. 

Here’s my over the top prediction- everything depends on the UTEP game. We show we can go on the road and beat a decent team I think it sets a tone. Lose and we’re staring down five wins max. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

I imagine Seth is working on his golf game and he is unconcerned about this upcoming season.

It is fatal mistake not firing Seth last year. 

We will be doing well to go 2-10 this year, our only saving grace is a couple of our opponents are some of the worst teams in all of FBS.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, meanrob said:

Here’s my over the top prediction- everything depends on the UTEP game. We show we can go on the road and beat a decent team I think it sets a tone. Lose and we’re staring down five wins max. 

Agree.  UTEP has a lot of momentum going into the start of the season.  They finished with a Bowl game and winning record (7-6) last season after several years without.  They open this season with NT at home, expecting a big crowd, facing an in-state rival, and with "a chip on their shoulder" wanting to show the AAC maybe they should have been considered too.

UNT, on the other hand, limps into El Paso after a thrashing from a 6-6 Miami-O team in a home Bowl loss and now 3 losing seasons.  Seth is only 5-12 in games away from Apogee the past 3 seasons.  I expect a new starting QB in Gunnell.  His dad would not have forced him to transfer if he was just coming to NT to be a backup....he could have stayed at Memphis and done that!  But it will be a tough beginning on the road with a new coach, new plays, and new team. 

Edited by NT80
  • Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

It appears I like Coach Littrell more than the majority of posters here. Like someone said earlier in the thread, he’s good enough that the season won’t be a disaster, but unfortunately there’s not much reason for excitement either. 

I’d say we’re looking at 5 or 6 wins. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

If he lose to UTEP a search for a new coach should start when the team arrives back in Denton. 24-20 UTEP. Loss

SMUT-they mop the floor with us as usual. 41-17 (Loss).  I will do my best SMUT fan impersonation and not buy a ticket to the game.

Texas Southern- win as we should 35-10

UNLV- loss 24-21 They win on a last second fg

Memphis-28-10. Loss-

FAU 29-20 Loss

LA TECH-win 30-20. they are in disarray

UTSA-31-24 loss they win at home

WKU-27-20 loss  they are still ahead of us

FIU 31-10 we win the pillow fight

UAB 38-10 beat down loss

Rice-we win 28-21 

4-8 and no bowl for you!

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

On 6/17/2022 at 11:00 AM, KingDL1 said:

I imagine Seth is working on his golf game and he is unconcerned about this upcoming season.

It is fatal mistake not firing Seth last year. 

We will be doing well to go 2-10 this year, our only saving grace is a couple of our opponents are some of the worst teams in all of FBS.

Saying Littrell doesn’t care about the program is an irresponsible thing for an Admin to say. Be better. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

14 minutes ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Saying Littrell doesn’t care about the program is an irresponsible thing for an Admin to say. Be better. 

You can have your opinion that is fine, I wonder how informed it is. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 6/18/2022 at 1:57 PM, southsideguy said:

If he loses to UTEP a search for a new coach should start when the team arrives back in Denton. 24-20 UTEP. Loss

SMUT-they mop the floor with us as usual. 41-17 (Loss).  I will do my best SMUT fan impersonation and not buy a ticket to the game.

Texas Southern- win as we should 35-10

UNLV- loss 24-21 They win on a last second fg

Memphis-28-10. Loss-

FAU 29-20 Loss

LA TECH-win 30-20. they are in disarray

UTSA-31-24 loss they win at home

WKU-27-20 loss  they are still ahead of us

FIU 31-10 we win the pillow fight

UAB 38-10 beat down loss

Rice-we win 28-21 

4-8 and no bowl for you!

I am thinking we win at Vegas and that brings us to 5-7

• Upvote 4

58 minutes ago, meangreenfaninno said:

I really really do like Littrell.  He seems like a good guy that would be fun to play golf with or have drinks with.  He has represented UNT well off the field.  He never cheated or has never done anything to demean UNT.   Never heard a coach, player or parent complain about him once.   I just don't know if he's the guy we need here to get things to the next AAC level.  I'm really sad to say that but the bar has been raised.  My heart wants him to stay and do well but my gut says he just isn't the right guy and we need to go in another direction. 

Littrell rarely shows emotion or expresses much of anything to fans (or beat reporters).  Which I guess is fine if he doesn't want to be a cheerleader for his own program; although somewhat odd.  But don't expect me to believe you are fully invested in that program either without ever something to say about it.  I've been ready for Wren to move football in another direction since last year.  I predict an ugly season.  

• Upvote 6

You could be on to something here. 2017 sony took over  7-6

2015 chad took over 2-10

2008 june took over  1-11

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, dodgefan said:

Looking at the Texas Football site, SMU lost a bunch of starters from last years team. First time new head coach, totally new staff, many new players, on the road for their opener, it should be a very competitive game.

I don't agree here. Lashlee largely helped create the offense SMU runs today. Mordecai is still the QB and they've gotten some really nice transfers. 

Competitive for the first half maybe, but once they get their in game groove, I'm expecting another 3-4 score deficit by the end. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

13 hours ago, untphd said:

You could be on to something here. 2017 sony took over  7-6

2015 chad took over 2-10

2008 june took over  1-11

Don't mean hot doodoo! I'm thinking of when Bill Snyder took over (1-10), and when Bobby Bowden took over (5-6).  Guess who won those matchups?

Back then, we had Hayden Fry and Corky Nelson.  This time, we have.....Seth Littrell.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

Feels like the UTEP game is a real measuring stick. They have some momentum...talent wise, maybe equal? Coaching? Maybe?

I think my prediction goes a few ways depending on how we do at UTEP.

Blow UTEP out, we go: 8-4

Win a close one: 7-5

Lose a close one: 6-6

Get blown out: 4-8

My prediction is 6-6

• Thanks 1