UNT 2022 FB Schedule Predictions

Dannymacfan

@UTEP - LOSS 28-21 -  I just don't like the look of this game as the line is trending downward and we barely beat them the last 2 times we played them.  I think they may pull this off as it could be a sold out stadium and Seth's squads start off so slowly (take last season as an example).

Vs. SMU - LOSS 35-7 - I am afraid that SMU is a level above us now.  I think that losing the twins will really hurt us against a very talented QB is Mordicai.  Let's face it SMU has built themselves stronger since Seth arrived and the NIL only helps them.

Vs. TSU - Win 35-14 - I think we will take care of business against TSU at home.

@UNLV - LOSS 24-21 OT - I see this as a huge trap game as UNLV has been improving the last several years with their new stadium (Raiders) and new coaching staff.  They have added a lot of defensive line talent in the offseason.  They also just built an amazing new $34.8 million dollar on-campus football facility named after the Fertitta family that owns Landrys and the Golden Nugget.   Their new coach Arroyo is a great recruiter and leader.  If you think this is the type of game Seth should win, take a look at his away game record against equal or better talent teams.

@Memphis Loss 31-17 - I know Memphis has been down a bit, but they still have a good program and the quarterback they stole from us out of Denton is a keeper.  Again, can Seth go on the road and beat a good program from a better conference not named Arkansas?  I doubt it.  I hope I am wrong.

Vs. FAU Loss 35-10 - Last time we played them was 2018 and they beat us at home.  Year before they beat us badly twice by scores of 41-17 and 69-31.  Any questions?

Vs. La. Tech  Loss 24 -23 - I see this as a super close game and give the edge to the Techster for 2 primary reasons, they are pissed we got in the AAC and they are stuck in the CUSA and it's on the road.  Truthfully this one looks like a toss-up to me.

@UTSA - Loss 35-28 - UTSA is down this year but QB Frank Harris is back and they have consistently recruited well with Jeff Traylor and before that with Wilson.  I am sorry but given what we did to them last year I think they will be sky high for this game.  I think they will have a very bad season record-wise because of their graduation losses and the toughest non conference schedule in C-USA but will still manage to enact revenge against us in the comfy confines of the aging and decrepit Alamodome.

@WKU - Loss 27-10 - Wow didn't realize we hadn't played these bastards since 2017 where they trounced Seth 45-7 at home.  Prior to that they had beaten us in 4 straight games (2 home 2 away) dating back to 2011.  Any other questions?

Vs. FIU - Win 21-7 - As bad as we have been, I think FIU may be one of the worst programs in the country which is sad because they have a great location and good academics.

@UAB - Loss 42-10 - UAB is on a 3 game winning streak dating back to 2018.  Bill Clark may have Seth's number more than any other coach in C-USA.   The irony is we didn't even sniff this guy around the time Seth was hired.  What are the odds that Seth could beat Bill on the road especially if the season plays out as I predict to this point? 

Vs. Rice  Win 27-24 - I say we will win this game mainly because we are at home but it could be a nail biter as the Rice coach will be playing for his job.  In fact Seth and this Blomgren may be competing to keep their jobs in this game.

FINAL 2022 RECORD Prediction - 3-9

I do so hope I am wrong about this.  I really do.  If you disagree please do so with respect and by refuting the points I have made which I believe have some merit.

Edited by Dannymacfan
  • Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Oh Boy! 3
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 1

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

Vs. FAU Loss 35-10 - Last time we played them was 2018 and they beat us at home.  Year before they beat us badly twice by scores of 41-17 and 69-31.  Any questions?

We won the 2018 game against FAU at home, 41-38. 

I am also not seeing your prediction for the LA Tech game? 

1 hour ago, Dannymacfan said:

If you think this is the type of game Seth should win, take a look at his away game record against equal or better talent teams.

I get this completely but I do not feel that UNLV is equal or better. Sure they are in Arroyo's 3rd year, and this is a game that has a big ole LittrelL written all over it, but I am just not buying right now that we lose this game. If we do though? I will be one of the first into the lifeboats and rowing as fast as I can. 

And I love the inclusion of picking the scores as I am never brave enough to do that, but by the looks of things you don't have us kicking a FG until Memphis? 

Overall, this is a pretty good assessment and I wouldn't be surprised by 3-9, but I assume we will go 4-2 at home and 1-5 on the road, winning either the UTEP game or the UNLV game. 

Edited by UNT_FH_FR_YR
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

What happened to that easy schedule some were talking about after last season??? 

Me thinks many want Seth gone so bad they predict the apocalypse of Mean Green FB this year. Those predictions may come true but I'm thinking there are several unknowns and still feel that first game with UTEP will set the pace.

GMG

I sort of agree with you and see this more as a 6 or 7 win campaign myself.

• Upvote 4

The season will rely on QB play and health.  If one of our QB’s can separate themselves, this team can win 6-7 games.  The receivers would need to stay healthy, though. 

Despite the DL losses, overall I believe a 2nd year with PB will see improvement.

The RB room looks to be stacked!  

Aside from the one transferring OL loss, the OL should see growth under Clements. 

I don’t think I have the green glasses on….🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️🤷🏽‍♂️

• Upvote 7

Wins @UTEP. TX Southern, @UNLV, FAU, La Tech, FIU, and Rice.

Losses--SMU, @Memphis, @UTSA, @WKU, and @UAB

We beat 7 complete spares, lose to anyone with a pulse, mostly in blowout fashion. SL gets his extension for making it to 7 wins for 3 years beyond his last season on his current contract. 

The very best thing that could happen here is to get to 6 losses in the regular season--otherwise, SL will come back...and the best thing that can happen here is to have him leave to go be an OC at some P5 for the rest of his career.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, untjim1995 said:

Wins @UTEP. TX Southern, @UNLV, FAU, La Tech, FIU, and Rice.

Losses--SMU, @Memphis, @UTSA, @WKU, and @UAB

We beat 7 complete spares, lose to anyone with a pulse, mostly in blowout fashion. SL gets his extension for making it to 7 wins for 3 years beyond his last season on his current contract. 

The very best thing that could happen here is to get to 6 losses in the regular season--otherwise, SL will come back...and the best thing that can happen here is to have him leave to go be an OC at some P5 for the rest of his career.

If we have 5 losses that are mostly blow outs I don't think Littrell returns in 2023. He's only back this year because UTSA decided they didn't want to play in the rain. 

He's going to have to show the program is capable of competing with the best teams in the conference if he wants a chance to lead us into the AAC. Wren Baker and President Smatresk know we're going to have to start fundraising a lot more to compete in the AAC and that's not going to be possible if we keep going .500 with multiple blow out losses. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Puking Eagle 1