Ticket office

Lurker

On 6/13/2022 at 3:08 PM, KingDL1 said:

You got that right. 

I think it will be shocking for some to see how many old fans are leaving. 

Maybe they can get new blood in, maybe. 

I think UNT screwed the pooch last year in many ways that some old fans will find unforgivable. 

Old and young. I used to be excited on game days to wear green. Living so far from Denton, I would also plan at least a couple of trips a year to go watch us play in person. Now, I'm not even bothering planning a trip to see the team in person until Littrell is gone. Same clowns, same circus. As a result, I've found myself attending way more basketball games than I used to and it's exciting. I've seen us in El Paso, Denton, Wichita, Indianapolis, etc, which is what Grant has done for this program. The unfortunate part is that many focus purely on the football team and if they are bad, it spoils the party for the rest of the sports and shows incompetence at the top. Wren tries to sell us on the number of conference championships that other sports win year in and year out, but to average Joe UNT T-shirt fan, that means nothing if the football team sucks. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1

On 6/11/2022 at 1:42 AM, 97and03 said:

This thread is the perfect snapshot of this fan base. Everyone wants us to be a top notch program but no one wants to pay for it. I don’t think most of you realize exactly how cheap it is to be a North Texas fan. Our Club donation requirement is probably about what it costs to sit in the second tier at a real top school. 
I am not the type to tell fans to go away or anything like that, but I honestly don’t understand the mentality I am hearing here. Two major themes: 1) “I am not here to support the school or the students - just want to see a winning team.” 2) “We aren’t as good as I want (or something has happened I don’t like) so I will stop giving money to support the program but I still expect them to have a top tier program.”

Both of these positions are in my opinion indefensible. They sound like the fans of a pro team and not those of their alma mater. If you don’t want to support the program anymore that’s your business. But stop expecting the program to keep going forward if the money starts drying up - especially since some here seem to be actively trying to encourage others to stop buying/giving. 

People complaining about “not getting enough” for a friggin’ donation. Good lord. 

THIS.  100%.  We have people complaining about "forcing MGSF donors to pay $120 more for blue parking" with that $120 going to student athlete scholarships.  I know from other donations that I make to charity and stuff that when I donate $300 or so I get like $500 - $1000 worth of stuff back in return.  << Cue sarcasm alert >>  And while I absolutely despise throwing out UT comparisons because I hate them so much, I have a work friend that donates $5000 for her 4 Longhorn seats and she gets a parking pass.   I haven't once heard her complain that the parking passes at UT aren't $800 per game so she should just quit donating and give up her seats.  

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, vpackrats said:

I haven't once heard her complain that the parking passes at UT aren't $800 per game so she should just quit donating and give up her seats. 

I get the point you’re trying to make here, but this is apples to oranges and not the slam dunk you think it is. I promise you a $5,000 donor lot at UT isn’t being sold on a single game basis to Johnny who drives up on gameday.

I’ll also add that not all donations are created equally. What I mean is that, unlike say a monthly tithe to a church, there are certain donations you do make with some kind of benefit expectation. I’m sure there are some donors who would donate to student-athlete scholarships and not care at all about receiving anything in exchange for their donation. There are others who do it for priority seating, parking, post-season ticket access, etc. It’s no secret that a lot of, if not most, donors care about benefits. That’s why they shove benefits charts in front of you the first chance they get. I don’t think either is any worse than the other. They’re just different.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1