Ticket office

Lurker

24 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I have reached my limit.  After 19 consecutive years of football season tickets, I have chosen not to renew this year.  Not due to the team but due to the ticket office - I just can't deal with this any more.  After problems with my seats last year and then the bowl game, this year has been even worse.  My wife and I normally get seats next to some friends who have been season ticket holders for five years.  This year, he has not received any communication via email or mail regarding the season ticket renewals.  He contacted the ticket office and was told to login and check his email address.   He never did get access to his account and all they would ever tell him is to confirm his email online.  He finally did get the last minute text about renewing tickets.  He asked about his account issues and no one was aware of any issues he was having.  

Back in January after the bowl game, I called and requested to talk with someone regarding the issue that I had with my bowl tickets.  I was promised a call.  Never did receive a call.  I did receive a call about season tickets and I asked about the bowl game ticket issue again.  There was no note on my account about requesting a call.  I asked to speak to someone and was told by the ticket sales staff the sales method was explained but I probably just didn't understand the ticket policy.  They could not find anyone to forward me to at the time.  I asked to speak to someone else regarding the issue.  Never received a call.

Today in the mail, I received the MGSF flyer declaring the goal of getting 5,000 donors for UNT Athletics.  I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it will never happen the way this staff performs.  I am still going to attend games but I will be buying single game tickets.  I will buy any road game tickets via the team we are playing.  I'm just not going to support this level of service any longer.

That's odd. I haven't had season tickets in a couple years, but I've still received emails with renewal deadlines and multiple emails to become a season ticket holder again. 

• Upvote 7
  • Oh Boy! 1

I always chuckle at the emails I get with the threat/warning that if you don't renew by THIS DATE then your tickets will re-enter the pool for available tickets. That long line of people waiting to get the less than quarter filled stadium will FINALLY AT LONG LAST get a shot at my seats. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Oh Boy! 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I'm right there with you. This is the first time in 7 years that I am not a season ticket holder. 

13 years for me.

33 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I always chuckle at the emails I get with the threat/warning that if you don't renew by THIS DATE then your tickets will re-enter the pool for available tickets. That long line of people waiting to get the less than quarter filled stadium will FINALLY AT LONG LAST get a shot at my seats. 

Fairly certain I'll be able to walk up and buy my old seats at any game unless sideshowjoe decides to bring friends.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

5 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

13 years for me.

Fairly certain I'll be able to walk up and buy my old seats at any game unless sideshowjoe decides to bring friends.

..and you will end up paying less since they always have "flash sales" the week of the games to try to get butts in seats. 

• Upvote 7

As good as Wren has been at times, he inherited an abysmally run athletic department. It seems he's still working out the kinks.

While he's been a great fundraiser and hired quality coaches, the administrative staff is still laughably bad in comparison to real D1 programs. Not only is Littrell going to nosedive in the AAC (if he's around next season), but this AD has a lot of work to do if we're gonna try to keep up with our peers going forward. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

49 minutes ago, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

..and you will end up paying less since they always have "flash sales" the week of the games to try to get butts in seats. 

Not sure if this is still correct, but in past seasons it was cheaper to buy blue lot parking on a week-to-week basis rather than for the whole season. To get 1 blue lot pass for the season you have to donate at least $300 to the MGSF, but if you bought a parking pass each home game it only totals $180. There is NO OTHER BENEFIT for donating at the $300-$699 level other than 1 blue parking pass so you're not getting your value else where. Its just a shitty deal. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

I don't disagree with the OP and the incompetence of the Ticket Office has been apparent for years. (I've had plenty of issues with seatbacks, tix, etc.)

But it took me less than 5 minutes to make a call and buy mine on the last day before tickets were due.  The only real info I needed from them was when the "final" day was to ensure that I bought before then.  Of course, as others have said, there isn't really that big of a concern that someone will take your seats if you let them enter the pool.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

As good as Wren has been at times, he inherited an abysmally run athletic department. It seems he's still working out the kinks.

While he's been a great fundraiser and hired quality coaches, the administrative staff is still laughably bad in comparison to real D1 programs. Not only is Littrell going to nosedive in the AAC (if he's around next season), but this AD has a lot of work to do if we're gonna try to keep up with our peers going forward. 

He inherited some staffers who should have been gone when Dickey was here, much less several coaches later. 

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 6
  • RV 1

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

No other value than supporting student athlete scholarships?  It isn’t a purchase that you are getting ripped off on, it’s a DONATION to your school that happens to have benefits. 

Like you said donations usually come with benefits, but in this case the only "benefit" is getting screwed out of $120 on parking. If the AD requires a $300 "donation" to get a season parking pass, it shouldn't be cheaper to buy 6 game parking passes individually. Its that simple. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

16 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

How long does he need? The ticket office is one of the key links to the fanbase. If were going to give him his due credit in some areas, he needs to be held accountable for the areas failing and causing fans to be unhappy.

12 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

He inherited some staffers who should have been gone when Dickey was here, much less several coaches later. 

Agreed on both fronts. It's been the most glaring weakness of his tenure here so far.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Not sure if this is still correct, but in past seasons it was cheaper to buy blue lot parking on a week-to-week basis rather than for the whole season. To get 1 blue lot pass for the season you have to donate at least $300 to the MGSF, but if you bought a parking pass each home game it only totals $180. There is NO OTHER BENEFIT for donating at the $300-$699 level other than 1 blue parking pass so you're not getting your value else where. Its just a shitty deal. 

The real kicker is - with RV - we donated enough every year and accumulative  to be in the "White" lot.  We had personaly reasons to want to be in that lot, primarily handicap parking for a guest that would join us to a fair number of the games. We would give them that pass, since it was a straight shot into the stadium on flat ground. The AD didn't have any other handicap parking without needing to take a bus.  Under Wren, they changed the rules and made parking a yearly re-upping without consideration of the "points". To be in "White" lot you had to give X dollars and to be in the lower tiered "Black" lot (I don't make these names up) - you had to be Y dollars. Anyhow, this friend no longer is in good enough shape to come to the games, so I wasn't put off to be with the other black parking folk, BUT I started to get emails about how there is limited space, huge pressure to give $3000 dollars to retain the spot or move up to the "White" lot again for X dollars, etc. I even got letters in the mail! All of that stuff just me do the math on my nearest napkin and realize that it just wasn't even worth it to me (emotionally or monetarily) to be on THAT side of the stadium parking - when the black is never filled, blue is never close to filled - and it is ridiculously easy to just pull up and be in my club level seats with no effort at all from the blue lot. So my donations scaled back because they unintentionally pointed out to me how much it cost each game for the parking spot, since there were really no other perks to membership. Paying $500 PER GAME to have a reserved spot was just absurd. Their cars salesmen tactics backfired.  

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Cooke County Kid said:

We can always find shortcomings, but we still need to support our teams, it's athletes and our School.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!
WIN GAMES!!!

I really want to support UNT but I'm to the point that I no longer want to reward bad behavior.  I'm still going to go to games but I am not going deal with the lack of attention to detail that is costing this program money.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1