2022 Football Roster

1 hour ago, MGNation92 said:

Stacked if we stay healthy. Losing Johnson could be big considering how high profile of a recruit he was

That is my primary concern. Our top recruits have not been staying on the team or making a huge impact on the field for the SL years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

The Caleb Johnson loss is extremely noteworthy if true.  Had one of the most impressive offer lists of any UNT commit ever.

He posted this just over a month ago and has been active with other UNT players on twitter so this seems like a very recent development.. @Brett Vito or @BillySee58 any update on Caleb Johnson?

Edited by UNT18Grad
  • Upvote 4

9 hours ago, UNT_FH_FR_YR said:

https://meangreensports.com/sports/football/roster

I see some new names on here that I don't remember being announced, but I also don't see Caleb Johnson listed on the roster? Does anyone have any news about him? 

Yikes… that’s really disappointing 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I don’t recall a coach at UNT who has more of his highest rated recruits leave.  Littrell’s retention of the top recruits has been quite disappointing.

I don't recall a coach at UNT who has had to deal with NIL and outright player poaching to this degree more.  Not intended as a "defense" but it is a fact of college coaching life now.

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Texas Stranger said:

I don't recall a coach at UNT who has had to deal with NIL and outright player poaching to this degree more.  Not intended as a "defense" but it is a fact of college coaching life now.

And yet he seems to be doing little to actually solve this problem other than signing D4 kids. Once again being reactive and not proactive

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 5
  • Puking Eagle 1

46 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

And yet he seems to be doing little to actually solve this problem other than signing D4 kids. Once again being reactive and not proactive

It will be interesting t see how this years approach works. I have nothing to base it on, but am more and more convinced the lower 3* ratings mean very little as the 3-stars seem to be given out like candy. Seth seems to be focusing on kids who he and the coaches feel fit their system and have a desire to play.

• Sad 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

22 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

It seems this year Seth has taking a page from Grant's recruiting book - GO after the players who you believe will fit your system and don't focus on ratings. Time will tell.

That’s what he’s been doing . Always said “guys that fit our system “ 🙄

• Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 1

4 hours ago, UNT18Grad said:

Have to wonder if grades are what led to those big time offers drying up coming out of high school.  Hope he can get it all pulled together.

I don't think they did dry up.  It's just that all those big-time offers were for him to play defense; we were willing to offer him as a WR.

• Upvote 4