Top graduate from each Texas school List

Jonnyeagle

45 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Don’t forget Meatloaf!  He blows Dr Phil out of the water

29 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

My favorite would be among Pat Boone, Roy Orbison or Phyllis George.

I almost added that there were others that might be considered better than the two I listed.  

3 hours ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

Don’t forget Meatloaf!  He blows Dr Phil out of the water

I guess it depends on generations and if they have to immediately be recognized by name. I feel Dr Phil is probably the best choice since every generation knows who he is at this point. Ask teenagers/young adults if they know who Meatloaf is and they'll probably tell you they're not hungry until you play a song and they realize they've heard his music. Dr Phil is known by name almost like Oprah at this point.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I feel Dr Phil is probably the best choice since every generation knows who he is at this point. Ask teenagers/young adults if they know who Meatloaf is and they'll probably tell you they're not hungry until you play a song and they realize they've heard his music. Dr Phil is known by name almost like Oprah at this point.

I'm not sure.  We have a generation of kids that only watch YouTube, and are completely oblivious to daytime TV personalities.

This list is obviously an informal troll job, but I’ll chime in: I personally don’t think Phil is obvious anymore than Meatloaf, Fry, Roy Orbison or Norah Jones.  If you asked me for a UNT name that would be universally recognizable to the under-30 crowd, I’m not sure I’d have an answer.

Edited by greenminer