Congrats to Grant Gunnel

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I’m always amazed how kids can graduate early while being a college athlete! Congrats, to all!

I think a lot of it has to do with the classes they are able to take in high school.  It’s not uncommon for a kid to graduate high school with an Associates degree.  Impressive still, but it’s not like they’re taking 20 hours per semester in college.

Congrats to Grant!

• Upvote 6
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, NT93 said:

I think a lot of it has to do with the classes they are able to take in high school.  It’s not uncommon for a kid to graduate high school with an Associates degree.  Impressive still, but it’s not like they’re taking 20 hours per semester in college.

Congrats to Grant!

I guess this is being interpreted as a negative, but it’s not meant that way.  The post was intended as informative as I figured there are some (maybe many) who don’t realize how many hours of college credits a kid can have before ever graduating from high school.  I know of a few kids who graduated high school and junior college the same semester…and I’m not exactly in the loop, so there have to be many others.  
There have been at least two students who were hired as teachers at a local school two years after they graduated high school.  

• Upvote 4

Congratulations Grant!  You're obviously smart and have a good work ethic to graduate with honors in three years.  I'd imagine that you can get your Master's in the amount of time that you have of eligibility.  I wish you every success in the classroom and on the field.

• Upvote 4

The three year timeframe to get a degree is becoming more and more common.  Mostly due to students getting college credits in High School.  That said, if I had it to do all over again I would have taken 6 years to graduate! 😀

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, HoustonEagle said:

The three year timeframe to get a degree is becoming more and more common.  Mostly due to students getting college credits in High School.  That said, if I had it to do all over again I would have taken 6 years to graduate! 😀

Had a Fraternity brother that was in school for 7 years. Smartest guy I ever meet. In a certain kind of way.

Edited by Wag Tag
  • Upvote 1