UTEP planning for a sell out against UNT

5 hours ago, Mike Jackson said:

Is there anything to do in El Paso besides the game that weekend?

Hell no. I lived in El Paso for two years while stationed at Fort Bliss. Although Fort Bliss has probably tripled in size since the arrival of First Armored Division from Germany. Definitely lots of Soldiers there now. If you are a young single man, they have some nice looking ladies.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

They can't even sell out the Sun Bowl with Pac-12 and ACC teams playing each other. I highly doubt this will be a sellout either. 

10 hours ago, Venson said:

If you are a young single man, they have some nice looking ladies.

This is not a lie, EP is honestly full of some of the most beautiful women you will ever see. It's amazing. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Do the Miners and the Rode-runners have the same hand sign?

Yes, along with the same colors.  FYI, UTPB also has the same hand sign although they are orange and black and not orange and blue.  Guess they will be coming out with a "432" campaign.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Venson said:

Hell no. I lived in El Paso for two years while stationed at Fort Bliss. Although Fort Bliss has probably tripled in size since the arrival of First Armored Division from Germany. Definitely lots of Soldiers there now. If you are a young single man, they have some nice looking ladies.

In the (most excellent) movie "Seven Days in May", there was a "secret base" just north of El Paso.  I wonder if the commanders at Ft. Bliss knew anything about it?

On 6/2/2022 at 10:55 AM, SilverEagle said:

In the (most excellent) movie "Seven Days in May", there was a "secret base" just north of El Paso.  I wonder if the commanders at Ft. Bliss knew anything about it?

Yes they knew. It's called White Sands Missile Range. The two bases are kind of joint although they are separate. A lot of the Soldiers from Bliss train at WSMR when it's time to go to the field and a lot of the people at WSMR have to come to Bliss for medical treatment because William Beaumont Army Hospital is there and WSMR has limited support for Troops.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mo Green said:

Due to Monkeypox the game will be played in Denton! And wal'la we have a sell out!

...could happen, been there before right.

Be careful, then you'll get UTEP's President and Head Coach calling for a forfeit as well as non-stop excuses once they lose again in Denton. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1