A G5 top 25

10 hours ago, greenminer said:

@untjim1995 folow-up question: do you think Wren and Co's decision to keep coaches around a little longer (like SL) is because of immediate circles? I know we don't have a ton of high dollar donors, but they are there and I wonder what they feel.

i think I read a few months back that one of our donors really likes SL.

What is known is that SL being fired after last season would have cost us an extra $1.3 million just to get rid of him. Who knows what the buyout would be for the other coaches/staff members. And we know the Lovelace Family thinks of SL like he’s a son. Since they are amazingly generous here and give a lot of money to UNT, Wren and NS would be smart to not disturb that relationship, so as to not lose their contributions and commitments to UNT Athletics. 

When we nuked the fanbase in the 80s and early 90s with the idiotic 1-AA debacle for 12 years. Anyone that would care about this place AND be at an age to give meaningful dollars are in a very short supply,  which is what we earned from that short-sightedness. And that’s why a group called the UNT 17 has so much clout around here. 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 2

17 hours ago, NM Green said:

I do like that Wren seems to have the winner in the wings. I am hopeful that when Seth’s time is up in Denton the next man up is solid motivated and hungry to unleash the power that is UNT. It’s never quick enough for us but worth the wait.

GMG

Nick Saban? Jim Harbaugh? Dabo Sweeny? Vince Lombardi's reanimated corpse?

Who is this "winner" that only you seem to know about?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

On 5/30/2022 at 8:44 AM, Cougar King said:

Nick Saban? Jim Harbaugh? Dabo Sweeny? Vince Lombardi's reanimated corpse?

Who is this "winner" that only you seem to know about?

Like we are going to tell you.  One of these days, Holgorsen is going to finally go for a haircut, get lost and never be heard from again.  You think we are going to share this information with you?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Like we are going to tell you.  One of these days, Holgorsen is going to finally go for a haircut, get lost and never be heard from again.  You think we are going to share this information with you?

I trust UH's hiring track record when it comes to football and basketball coaches long before I will ever trust UNT's.

• Upvote 2
  • Ray 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 1