Huskers Open NCAA Regionals Against North Texas

The Nebraska softball team is set to make its 25th appearance in the NCAA Tournament at the NCAA Stillwater Regional. The Huskers will face North Texas in game one on Friday, May 20, at 5 p.m. (CT) at Cowgirl Stadium. 

Fans can listen to the action live on the Huskers Radio Network and Huskers.com with the call from Nate Rohr. The game will also be streamed live on ESPN+ (subscription required). Tickets are available at http://okstate.com/ncaasoftball.

The Huskers will face North Texas (35-14) in game one of the NCAA Stillwater Regional. The Mean Green received an automatic bid to their first NCAA Tournament after claiming the CUSA Tournament title. UNT had five players receive all-conference honors from the CUSA for their performances throughout the year. 

read more:  https://huskers.com/news/2022/5/18/softball-huskers-open-ncaa-regionals-against-north-texas.aspx

48 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

. Winner has to beat Oklahoma State twice tomorrow to advance to the Super Regionals.

They keep showing the bracket with a single game tomorrow. I would assume it is double elimination, but it could be like the CUSA final and a winner take all. Do we k ow which format it is for sure?

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They keep showing the bracket with a single game tomorrow. I would assume it is double elimination, but it could be like the CUSA final and a winner take all. Do we k ow which format it is for sure?

Heard the announcers say Oklahoma State would have to lose twice. 

Edited by GreenBacker

9 minutes ago, GreenBacker said:

Heard the announcers say Oklahoma State would have to lose twice. 

Yep, just heard that as well.  Great win vs. Nebraska.  Sweeping OK St. will be a monumental task, but I believe in this team.  Great pitching performance by Savage.

Or, should I say that was a Savage Pitching performance. Rock me.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Boy! 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

It is true double-elimination so with Oklahoma State being 2-0, the Green would have to beat them twice to advance. Since we're already 2-1, the next loss will send us home.

• Upvote 1