Golf alumni on pro tours

outoftown

As most of you know Munoz and Ortiz just keep living large on the PGA tour (35th and 71st on the FedEX cup and made 2 respectively 1 million in prize money this year).

Here is my semi reccurrent look at some of the other NT alumni:

Ian Snyman has just kept blooming whereever he was planted. After a fairly succesgful year on south africas lowest professional tour he managed to activate his tour card for the asian tour (moneywise similar to Korn Ferry) and has done well there. He is now ranked 376 in the official world golf ranking, already has two top ten results and is 8th on the tour order of merrit (115k). Feels like he might eventually end up on the european or american main tours.

Thomas Rosenmuller got through Q-school on the KornFerry tour (the tour right below the PGA) and got a partial card. Sadly he seems to be paying his learning dues so far, as he missed most of the cuts and is currently 114th in the tour points ranking, which puts him squarely at risk of losing his card (OWGR 966).

Kristof Ulenaers (499 on OWGR) is currently on the european "challenge tour" (the second level of euroepan golf). He got the card by winning one of the events there last year on a flyer. This year has not started so well and the form curve is pointing downward as he missed the last 6 of his cuts and needs to work on retaining that card.

2016 Olympian Rodolfo Cazaubon (OWGR 1169) is playing the LatinoAmerica Tour (third level in Americas, feeder for KornFerry), and has recently seen improving results, for example 11th two weeks ago, tied for 3rd in early april. Since it is tough to move up (only 5 get direct card), this will likely only avoid him a stage or two on the KF tour Q school unless he moves up even more, but the general form is pointing in the right direction.

Several other alumni also played one or two tournaments on the Latinoamerica, but not with incredible success as best I can tell.

If you know of any alumni who is out there playing professional that i am not aware of, please don't hesitate to mention them. That might particularly apply to our lady golfers that were severely improved as of late, but it could well also be other guys

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

• outoftown changed the title to Golf alumni on pro tours

I was following Munoz at the Nelson last week and thought I heard him speaking Spanish to his caddy. Does he speak English? Perhaps his caddy doesn't? 

Edited by Hunter Green

9 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I was following Munoz at the Nelson last week and thought I heard him speaking Spanish to his caddy. Does he speak English? Perhaps his caddy doesn't? 

He speaks English.  But he was raised speaking Spanish, so if his caddy is also primarily a Spanish speaker, I would guess it's just easier for them.