Scheduling - why can't we get good Home & Home OOC?

TripleGrad

9 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I wouldn't say that's a good home/home, if it was us. We have Colorado, Mizzou, Baylor, Army etc which are decent. 

Maybe one day an Oklahoma or someone like that, but winning is needed if you ask me

We have Cal next year.  I wonder how they are planning on getting out of the return visit this time 🤔.  

• Upvote 3

On 5/17/2022 at 11:26 PM, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I wouldn't say that's a good home/home, if it was us. We have Colorado, Mizzou, Baylor, Army etc which are decent. 

Maybe one day an Oklahoma or someone like that, but winning is needed if you ask me

If we ever get OU at home, let’s have a Todd Dodge bobble head night…

Home and home with Cal, Texas Tech, Houston, Wyoming, Baylor, Colorado, and Missouri.  Not to mention SMU, Memphis, and Tulane that will become conference games and not count as out of conference like they were when they were scheduled.  We only have one road trip without a return in Wisconsin.  I think we are doing fine.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

It is not just quality opponents, it is quality opponents who BRING FANS.  Butts is seats matter.

Nah.  I don't care if Texas Southern brings 3,000 fans and Boise only brings 50. 

I'd rather see NT play Boise.  It would draw more NT and unaffiliated fans just because of the opponent.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

It is not just quality opponents, it is quality opponents who BRING FANS.  Butts is seats matter.

We should, SHOULD, be at the point now where tickets to Apogee are hard to come by considering the size of our student body and local alumni base.   I wish we would move the band to the lower level of the north end zone and fill up the premium seats with fans. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, ntexeagle said:

I'm kinda the opposite.  I hope our opponent doesn't bring a single fan.  It pisses me off when I have to listen to them cheer in our stadium.  I hope every opponent sucks, that we beat the crap out of them, and I never have to listen to an opposing fight song.  

However, it was nice to see UTSA fans soaking in their misery.  That was fun.

• Upvote 2

It’s amazing how much better scheduling has gotten under Wren Baker. RV’s lazy ass didn’t even try in OOC scheduling to get us anyone worth watching beyond SMU and Army. Hell, in two separate years, we had one OOC game in Apogee and it was a FCS game, which included the worst loss in modern college football history to Portland State by 59 points.

Wren recognized there was an easy way to fix this and did so…he’s an amazing breath of fresh air compared to anyone we have ever had in the AD position.

• Upvote 3
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

We should, SHOULD, be at the point now where tickets to Apogee are hard to come by considering the size of our student body and local alumni base.   I wish we would move the band to the lower level of the north end zone and fill up the premium seats with fans. 

You've got to bear those teams you bring in nobody cares about consistently.  And the only teams we beat consistently OOC are FCS teams.  I think it is more important to have later season OOC games against big brand schools.  You don't have to win but you need try be within 10 points going into the 4th quarter to get positive feedback from media and unaffiliated fans