Jyaire Shorter

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I saw on Twitter where he earned his degree in Criminal Justice although he is still a junior eligibility wise.  I hope he stays around and plays his final two years and puts the injury bug behind him while working on his Master's degree.

Agreed but gosh he’s got so much talent if he could

just stay healthy!

• Upvote 3

I got a chance to see him practice as a freshman and was blown away by his speed and size. His only negative was his route running. He has been my adopted player ever since. At one point he was clocked at 20mph! School zone speed! Let’s go Shorter!!!

• Upvote 6
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

I got a chance to see him practice as a freshman and was blown away by his speed and size. His only negative was his route running. He has been my adopted player ever since. At one point he was clocked at 20mph! School zone speed! Let’s go Shorter!!!

You sure about that?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Jyaire said this after Neville transferred in yesterday lmaooo

Love Jyaire, and I think he can be an incredible weapon for us, but the fact is he can't stay healthy. I'm all for more depth, especially after a year where a walk-on was our leading receiver

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

How much am I supposed to read into this? WRs come into our roster every year, why should I believe Jyaire is posting this about Neville?

Well it’s a theory and it was an hour to two after he did commit.

Cant take social media that seriously, but I found this interesting.

5 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Well it’s a theory and it was an hour to two after he did commit.

Cant take social media that seriously, but I found this interesting.

Something tells me Jyaire isn't scared of any transfer taking his job.   He just has to stay healthy.   2019 is the only full season we've got out of him so far.  Hopefully he blows up this year!

• Upvote 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Something tells me Jyaire isn't scared of any transfer taking his job.   He just has to stay healthy.   2019 is the only full season we've got out of him so far.  Hopefully he blows up this year!

100%. And if he’s hurt, mentally/emotionally about this, he clearly doesn’t want the team to succeed. Injuries are the WRs middle name each year since the start of the Littrell era. Adding depth is something we haven’t had in almost a decade (scary thinking the 2013 season was NINE YEARS AGO), and it also means that competition will be very high, which is a good thing for everyone.

Hopefully Shorter is healthy by UTEP and we look like the 2017 offense that’s putting up an insane amount of points.

• Upvote 1