DRC Doesn't Cover UNT Ex Munoz On Pro Tour?

DeepGreen

1 minute ago, DeepGreen said:

Munoz finishes the Nelson tied for 3rd place and not one mention in the Denton RC?  Maybe I missed it in the on-line paper.  Correct me if I'm wrong. 

Good point.  I hadn't noticed it until you pointed it out but it does appear that they dropped the ball on such a magnificent finish.

Do Ortiz or Munoz give anything back or promote UNT in any way? Do they ever wear green when they play? They play under the banner of their home country, which is fine. But if there is no tie to UNT, to me,, they're just another golfer.

Edited by Hunter Green
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Pissed 1
  • Downvote 2

56 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

Do Ortiz or Munoz give anything back or promote UNT in any way? Do they ever wear green when they play? They play under the banner of their home country, which is fine. But if there is no tie to UNT, to me,, they're just another golfer.

Most golfers on the tour played at a university, but they aren't wearing the shirt of their college - very much driven by sponsorships, etc. as to what they are going to wear. However, everytime I've watched that they are mentioned, North Texas has been mentioned - which provides great exposure to the school. When I've read articles about them on the PGA website, it's been mentioned and often is subject of discussion during interviews, so all great stuff for the school.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, meangreenacct said:

Most golfers on the tour played at a university, but they aren't wearing the shirt of their college - very much driven by sponsorships, etc. as to what they are going to wear. However, everytime I've watched that they are mentioned, North Texas has been mentioned - which provides great exposure to the school. When I've read articles about them on the PGA website, it's been mentioned and often is subject of discussion during interviews, so all great stuff for the school.

They mentioned during last week's first round coverage when Munoz shot -12 that he attended North Texas, still has a North Texas patch on his bag and was a teammate of Carlos Ortiz.  Showed Munoz's picture from his college days.

No, the DRC doesn't cover either of our golfers.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 4:36 PM, meangreenacct said:

Exactly!  I’ve never seen Jordan Speith wear a UT hat when playing on tour.

• Eye Roll 1

I was also disappointed in the DRC's headline following the conclusion of the Byron Nelson. They should have tied the story to Munoz and his time at UNT.

Personally, I'd like to see UNT attempt to sponsor both Munoz and Ortiz in some small way. Neither have tons of sponsors and all parties would benefit. The green SOW logo with a "UNT" under it on the right side of their hats would be perfect.