'23 CB Offer: Amarion Atwood; Mesquite Horn: No Rating

• 1 month later...

Good stuff. Really like the Commits we have. Just need more.

And I know some are wary of recruiting high schoolers, but if you can get 2-3 solid starting seasons out of these guys, that value shouldn’t be overlooked or negated even if they leave early.

That being said, excited to watch Mr. Atwood give us 4 starting seasons and multiple all-AAC honors!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Good stuff. Really like the Commits we have. Just need more.

And I know some are wary of recruiting high schoolers, but if you can get 2-3 solid starting seasons out of these guys, that value shouldn’t be overlooked or negated even if they leave early.

That being said, excited to watch Mr. Atwood give us 4 starting seasons and multiple all-AAC honors!

Hey man, I've probably missed this in previous posts but if a player transfers out early, does the school the player is leaving from get an extra scholarship in the class to fill the spot so a school doesn't end up way below the 85 limit?

I still think there's value in developing young talent and maybe being a school P5s look to for talent isn't a bad thing. Maybe more HS recruits will look at us as a way to parlay playing time and success into a bigger offer down the line. P5 U?

6 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Hey man, I've probably missed this in previous posts but if a player transfers out early, does the school the player is leaving from get an extra scholarship in the class to fill the spot so a school doesn't end up way below the 85 limit?

I still think there's value in developing young talent and maybe being a school P5s look to for talent isn't a bad thing. Maybe more HS recruits will look at us as a way to parlay playing time and success into a bigger offer down the line. P5 U?

I believe the rules have been modified so as long as you stay under the total you can go more than 25 in a single season. But I'm not sure the max

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I believe the rules have been modified so as long as you stay under the total you can go more than 25 in a single season. But I'm not sure the max

Thanks. My thought is we could use this to our advantage, especially being in DFW. Didn't get the big P5 offer? Stay close to home and get some playing time here. If you prove yourself and get the P5s calling, go pursue your dreams. We then get a spot open to pursue a transfer who wasn't getting the playing time they wanted at their P5 school. Could work out...

The system needs to be blown up but in the meantime I think we could use some of this to our benefit.

2 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Last I remember reading is that through the portal you can add the lower of:

The amount of players you have leaving through the portal

or

without them counting towards your 25

spots.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...