If Grant keeps the momentum

emmitt01

46 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

The worst experience walking into the Pit is when we’re coming off of a great season and good March crowds, and I walk in to a November game and it’s like nothing has changed from the Benford era and we’re back to square 1.

Would sure be great if people took some pride and showed up to those non conference games because they want to watch UNT regardless of the opponent.

I will be at the 2022-23 home opener regardless of opponent. Speaking with one of the leaders of the Pit Crew Maniacs, they said one of their campaigns for their first full season next year is to be part of freshman orientation and get new Eagles to figure out we're a basketball school from the start.

That being said, the program needs to at least find a cupcake DI program or a bigger name than Jarvis Christian to be its home opener. I said in another thread a couple of months ago that the men's and women's team need to work together to hold their home openers on the same Saturday. One ticket gets you entry into both games. I guess they don't have to play the same opponent, but schools like Tarleton or Prairie View A&M I think could draw a decent amount of visiting fans as well and create a nice environment.

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

I will be at the 2022-23 home opener regardless of opponent. Speaking with one of the leaders of the Pit Crew Maniacs, they said one of their campaigns for their first full season next year is to be part of freshman orientation and get new Eagles to figure out we're a basketball school from the start.

That being said, the program needs to at least find a cupcake DI program or a bigger name than Jarvis Christian to be its home opener. I said in another thread a couple of months ago that the men's and women's team need to work together to hold their home openers on the same Saturday. One ticket gets you entry into both games. I guess they don't have to play the same opponent, but schools like Tarleton or Prairie View A&M I think could draw a decent amount of visiting fans as well and create a nice environment.

Getting descent home opening games against name opponents is at best very difficult.

Not impossible, but at best you can hope for is a home and away contract with a like school.  Why do you think there are so few teams from major basketball conference that ever play a lower tier conference team away?   They play big payoff games occasionally, but that not going to happen playing NT.

Expect McCasland to schedule oc as normal, tough teams away, poor teams in Denton.  Certainly not good for the fans, but it's life for a mid-range conference team. 

I like your idea for more double headers with the women's team.  They play excellent basketball and could use a little boost in the oc attendance.  

It would also be nice, if NT were in one of those early tournament that don't count against the schedule limits.  However, there has been no mention of NT being in any of those tournaments and most have already announced their teams. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Getting descent home opening games against name opponents is at best very difficult.

Not impossible, but at best you can hope for is a home and away contract with a like school.  Why do you think there are so few teams from major basketball conference that ever play a lower tier conference team away?   They play big payoff games occasionally, but that not going to happen playing NT.

Expect McCasland to schedule oc as normal, tough teams away, poor teams in Denton.  Certainly not good for the fans, but it's life for a mid-range conference team. 

I like your idea for more double headers with the women's team.  They play excellent basketball and could use a little boost in the oc attendance.  

It would also be nice, if NT were in one of those early tournament that don't count against the schedule limits.  However, there has been no mention of NT being in any of those tournaments and most have already announced their teams. 

I wasn't expecting or even asking for a Duke or Kentucky at home, just a recognizable D-I opponent at least in the opener, even someone as upstart as Tarleton. I will continue to go to the games against Delaware State and Mississippi Valley State as long as schedule allows.

But yes, would love to see home-and-home's with the likes of Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahoma, and when we leave CUSA: LA Tech, maybe WKU or MTSU.

• Upvote 3

On 5/16/2022 at 7:26 PM, BillySee58 said:

The worst experience walking into the Pit is when we’re coming off of a great season and good March crowds, and I walk in to a November game and it’s like nothing has changed from the Benford era and we’re back to square 1.

Would sure be great if people took some pride and showed up to those non conference games because they want to watch UNT regardless of the opponent.

100%!!!!!!! Not until mid January where attendance actually gets decent. Unfortunate 

• Upvote 1