Softball CUSA Champions

UNTLifer

1 hour ago, greenminer said:

You mean talent doesn't always win titles?! Do coaches realize this?

All star teams should be based on performance not talent.

My guess is that this team was selected before the championship game.

The pitcher Nunn who made the all tournament team gave up 11 earned runs in 15 innings.  I am not positive how softball era is computed, but that should be over a 7.00 era.

They also had a player (Drinnon) that got 2 hits in 13 at bats.

WKU also had players selected with  tournament batting averages of two with .400 and one .300 chosen.   NT had two hitters that hit over .500 that didn't make the all tournament team.  

Minor thing perhaps when compared with winning the tournament.  However, I can think of no valid rationale for choosing 5 WKU players for the all tournament team.  Particularly, when the championship team that run ruled WKU only had three despite having better stats.    

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 5

7 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

The pitcher Nunn who made the all tournament team gave up 11 earned runs in 15 innings.  I am not positive how softball era is computed, but that should be over a 7.00 era.

WKU also had players selected with  tournament batting averages of two with .400 and one .300 chosen.   NT had two hitters that hit over .500 that didn't make the all tournament team.  

Minor thing perhaps when compared with winning the tournament.  However, I can think of no valid rationale for choosing 5 WKU players for the all tournament team.  Particularly, when the championship team that run ruled WKU only had three despite having better stats.    

@Brett VitoThis might be a good story to investigate. Maybe this is their way to say thank you to Western Kentucky for not leaving the conference. One more thing that makes CUSA and Judy look like a joke

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Couldn’t agree more and wondering the same thing.  WKY played two more games than we did.  Maybe the committee forgot what they were watching and voting on? No idea?   But Nunn couldn’t even make it out of the first inning yesterday with a single out for Christ sakes? 

This team started one Senior, two Juniors(including Peters), 5 Sophomores and two Freshmen.  What they accomplished this season, AFTER losing Trautwine, then losing two other pitchers and having only two arms most of the season is incredible to me.

Now a very young team gets to taste the next level with a coach that knows what he’s doing and sits on the opportunity to build a major force in this sport.  I’ve always felt that due to our location we could become the next LaLa.  Is it possible we are well on our way?

it’s All Good And All Green(well, black uni’s for softball, but whatever works for now).

Rick

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Anyone care to guess, prior to the selection, where we end up going and who the opponent will be?

I saw a projection that we would end up in the Norman regional next weekend, which would be an easy travel location. I have no idea how college postseason baseball/softball works though.

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

A timeless sportsball debate.  Love it!

First line in the official release/announcement:

Conference USA released its softball All-Conference and superlative honors ahead of the 2022 C-USA Championship beginning Wednesday in Denton, TX.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

38 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Revisited this after the big win. Hoping we can hang onto him, but he might have more than a few schools calling after this. Especially if we can win a game or two in the regionals/super regionals.

Did you know coach DeLong makes almost as much as Big12 champ,  OKSt coach Kenny Gajewski?
Coach DeLong's base salary is actually higher than Gajewski's.   $140k/yr.   VS   $120k/yr

It would take a pretty heavy-hitting power program to come through.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1