'22 LB Commit: Bryce Montgomery; Denton Braswell: No Rating

UNTLifer

10 hours ago, p_phelps said:

Meanwhile smu getting p5 transfer after p5 transfer 

Maybe if we had SMU-level boosters we could too. Our fans, including me, have a whole lot of we should/you should without providing the substantial resources necessary while SMU fans (as few as there may be) just slap the money down on the table and say come to SMU. P5 transfers like cash and we aren’t paying.

• Upvote 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, DentonLurker said:

I'm just glad to see a commitment from a Denton County kid, PWO or other. Denton County plays great football in a great football state. I honestly think we could be better than we are if 50% of our roster was Denton County athletes.

Very good points. Build the pipeline - stop taking swipes at Denton area kids who come for any reason.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

money, business degrees, and playing time are appealing to CFB players, especially those from the state.

If you remove the a-hole fans who try and take credit for things they have nothing to do with, you have to give credit to SMU and their athletic department. They are taking advantage of the positive image of a degree from a highly regarded private school and selling the "potential" to the kids. The kids on the other hand are willing to take advantage and go to a school and be around people, who, if they were not athletes, many would have nothing to do with them.

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

PWO's are great, it is the signed  scholarship class  that needs to be scrutinized! Is UTSA and UAB really paying more than us?

UTSA certainly is, McCormick was getting $1k per month from a dentist office and had another NIL deal with McCombs Ford but I haven’t seem the financials on that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Cr1028 said:

Maybe if we had SMU-level boosters we could too. Our fans, including me, have a whole lot of we should/you should without providing the substantial resources necessary while SMU fans (as few as there may be) just slap the money down on the table and say come to SMU. P5 transfers like cash and we aren’t paying.

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

• Upvote 2