Phil Bennett Interview

Me too. I feel he is an excellent DC. His experience brings a steadiness to that side of the ball. His side will play a big part in this season’s celebration moments and how many of them we will have.

GMG

• Upvote 5

Good interview with a legendary coach. I think it would be fun this coming season, following a good defensive stand, to do a take off of the "NORTH......TEXAS" cheer:  "COACH......BENNETT".

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 7

1 hour ago, Greenrex said:

Good interview with a legendary coach. I think it would be fun this coming season, following a good defensive stand, to do a take off of the "NORTH......TEXAS" cheer:  "COACH......BENNETT".

If we never cheered "MASON! ... FINE!"   There is no possible way I'd cheer for a dude who only has 1 foot in the door here and is likely gone after this season whether we win 4 games or 9.

C'mon people.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3
  • Puking Eagle 2

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

If we never cheered "MASON! ... FINE!"   There is no possible way I'd cheer for a dude who only has 1 foot in the door here and is likely gone after this season whether we win 4 games or 9.

C'mon people.

Couldn't agree more. If we want to recognize the defense after having a good defensive stand then the cheer should be MEAN...... GREEN.

It would be a historically correct cheer.........read the Randy Galloway article from 1967.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, NT80 said:

Unlucky for the fans having to endure another season of mundane football.

HELLO WREN...................IT IS TIME !!!!!!

One of the things about this season that makes it so unique to the SL era, is it is year 2 of the PB system.

Year 1 to Year 2 generally tends to be a huge learning curve.  This is where the athletes, after hopefully they have bought in, go I got it! and dig their heels into the ground and start to excel.  I happen to think PB was the best hire SL has made.   If one were to believe we have just one single reason for hope entering 2022, PB is it.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

One of the things about this season that makes it so unique to the SL era, is it is year 2 of the PB system.

Year 1 to Year 2 generally tends to be a huge learning curve.  This is where the athletes, after hopefully they have bought in, go I got it! and dig their heels into the ground and start to excel.  I happen to think PB was the best hire SL has made.   If one were to believe we have just one single reason for hope entering 2022, PB is it.

PB has definitely been an upgrade over what we had at DC the past few seasons.  I would say GH was Seth's most influential asst coach hire.  PB kept Seth afloat last season when he needed a lifeboat.  However, much of that first-year learning curve talent left in the portal during the offseason.

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2022 at 7:07 AM, Coach_1976 said:

From what I have heard from some people is that some of the players were told it would be best to enter the portal. Not sure if effort was not put forward or buy in was not there. But some of the players were told to look for other homes.. 

Obviously, that is happening almost everywhere.  It is an easier out for coaches, than just stating there is no place for you here. 

NT loses two starting de's and an all star caliber OT, is a bad result via the portal and the extra year because of coronavirus. 

However, these rules are just made for the more prominent teams to recruit from lower level teams.

NT, is doing the same thing recruiting all these lower division players.

In the long run coupled with NIL, this will ruin what we not think of has college football. 

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

No.   He’s the bar.    

Littrell is lucky he’s here.

It’s paramount to have expectations and goals.  It’s also good to know when you have a good one and enjoy the good times.  He might be the best DC to coach at UNT, which is saying something.  We’ve had a rough patch since Skladany retired, though.  It’s ok to have fun, no?

• Upvote 3