Vegas!

Big Z

Ok it looks like I’m getting a UNT crew together for the UNLV game in Las Vegas. Hopefully the Athletic department puts together some sort of travel package. 

Anyways, I’ve stayed at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and the Mirage in my last trips. Out of all those my favorite was Mandalay Bay for sports betting.

I like to hear from others on which hotels they have stayed at and which ones they like the best? 

Thanks 

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, Big Z said:

Ok it looks like I’m getting a UNT crew together for the UNLV game in Las Vegas. Hopefully the Athletic department puts together some sort of travel package. 

Anyways, I’ve stayed at MGM Grand, Mandalay Bay and the Mirage in my last trips. Out of all those my favorite was Mandalay Bay for sports betting.

I like to hear from others on which hotels they have stayed at and which ones they like the best? 

Thanks 

Really like the old town part of Vegas and we like the Golden Nugget.

• Upvote 3

My favorite budget option is Westgate.

• Biggest sports book in Vegas
  • 3 of the top 5 restaurants in Vegas (according to Trip Advisor)
  • Low prices for decent rooms.

If money is no object, Wynn/Encore for sure.

Fun factor, whether staying there or just visiting, old Vegas on Fremont Street!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Big Z said:

Thanks 

I’m a fan of the Luxor. I really like South Pointe as well but it is a ways down the strip. But still nice.  
if I could, give me the billagio, aria, or venician above all. 

• Upvote 1

Cosmopolitan if you are with someone you love. Its a Marriott property, if you're a points whore like me.

Venetian rooms are massive if you need space.

I also am a fan of the downtown area. The last time we played UNLV in Vegas, my dad used his comps at Binions to get me a limo to/from the game. First stadium I knew to serve adult beverages.

GMG

• Upvote 2

I went to Vegas for the first time in 2019 and stayed at flamingo. This time we are staying at Bally's. Already booked a plane ticket with Southwest and will be in Vegas from Sept 14th to 18th (The game is on the 17th). I do hope NT gets a ticket allotment at a decent price! Can't wait to go!

Edited by bstnsportsfan3
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Texas Stranger said:

The Raiders schedule was announced today, they have a home game on the afternoon of 9/18.  I'm guessing that means we'll have a day game there on the 17th.

That’s impossible.    Don’t you remember the Big West days?   This game is definitely gonna start at 8:00PM West Coast time!!

/sarcasm

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I’ve only stayed at the MGM Grand (several times) and New York New York.  All on business.   Only done sports betting at MGM and it was nothing noteworthy (always bet on UNT basketball and they never won for me).  This will be my first pleasure trip to Vegas.  Staying at TI.  (I’m told by a former Vegas resident that everyone calls it TI now and no one calls it Treasure Island anymore).  Good mix of budget and location considerations.  

If cost wasn’t a factor, I’d be staying at Delano.  Skyfall is my favorite lounge in Vegas, which is at the top of Delano.  Also, looks to be a brief walk across the bridge to the stadium.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2022 at 1:38 AM, MeanGreenTexan said:

That’s impossible.    Don’t you remember the Big West days?   This game is definitely gonna start at 8:00PM West Coast time!!

/sarcasm

Oh noez!  Now we'll never get that game covered in the Dallas Times Herald...