3 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

How far will they go indeed...

Gov. Abbott says Texas could challenge Supreme Court case requiring states to educate all kids

We truly have some dangerous people in charge. 

I know being fiscally responsible makes Abbott truly dangerous.  This decision has nothing to do with education children and everything to do with who incurs the cost, but that wouldn't fit the message Channel 8 is trying to push in hoping folks will just read the headline and not the article.

edit: This is about the federal government issuing this and then forcing the cost on the state.  That is not constitutional.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

2 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Yeah totally not bothered, just gonna start up a new thread on my school's football board so everyone can pile on about America falling apart because of tampon dispensers. Embarrassing dude. 

I thought this was a basketball board now.

• Upvote 4

They?  It is one person who I know nothing about.  Want me to cherry pick one Democrat and apply their views to the entire party?

I really didn't expect anything different from the TX Tribune that leans left, is affiliated with the Washington Post and accepts funding from the Gates Foundation.

https://www.allsides.com/news-source/texas-tribune-media-bias

Though the Tribune is billed as being non-partisan, its coverage often exhibits a slight liberal bias, particularly on immigration and political issues. It's in a national partnership with the Washington Post, which has an AllSides rating of Leans Left. While the Tribune relies on a mostly member-driven funding model, it also receives large corporate sponsorship and grants from organizations like the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

4 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

We don’t agree on much politically but on this we do.

You'll probably start seeing my way of things the more this SC decision reverberates throughout the land. The precedent that Roe V Wade set was not just about abortion, it was about privacy. Reversing that decision is going to create a snowball downhill with more draconian laws being passed by states to challenge other SC cases that used RvW as a precedent: Obergefell v Hodges will likely be the first. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

How far will they go!?

Abortion bans pushed through both chambers of Oklahoma Legislature

Ectopic pregnancies folks. Non-viable fetuses that will ultimately kill a woman unless removed...those fetuses deserve "protection" as well. 

Two of thirty-five folks, or 5.7% of the Republicans wanted no exceptions, but thanks for taking the comments of those two and applying it across the board.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

His reason based on this claim?  Funny how you left that out.

The claim is made by Pulitzer Prize-winning Washington Post journalists Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker in their book I Alone Can Fix It: Donald J. Trump's Catastrophic Final Year. An extract detailing the incident has been published by the Post.

According to the book, Pence twice refused to evacuate from the Capitol building on January 6 because he was concerned that the sight of his motorcade leaving could "vindicate" the rioters.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

7 minutes ago, Coffee and TV said:

You'll probably start seeing my way of things the more this SC decision reverberates throughout the land. The precedent that Roe V Wade set was not just about abortion, it was about privacy. Reversing that decision is going to create a snowball downhill with more draconian laws being passed by states to challenge other SC cases that used RvW as a precedent: Obergefell v Hodges will likely be the first. 

Roe v. Wade, in the opinion piece, was being reversed because, again, it is unconstitutional.  This opinion is not about whether abortion is right/wrong, legal/illegal, but it is about the ruling.  Abortion will now be controlled by each state and its voters which is how our country was set up to work.  Do you oppose the democratic process?

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 2

37 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Roe v. Wade, in the opinion piece, was being reversed because, again, it is unconstitutional.  This opinion is not about whether abortion is right/wrong, legal/illegal, but it is about the ruling.  Abortion will now be controlled by each state and its voters which is how our country was set up to work.  Do you oppose the democratic process?

Let's not return rights to the states where the founders meant for them to be. Amazing how many want the Federal Government controlling everything. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

4 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Let's not return rights to the states where the founders meant for them to be. Amazing how many want the Federal Government controlling everything. 

Louisiana wants to make Plan B illegal and various states are passing laws to send cops to investigate miscarriages. But yeah, it’s liberals who just wanna “control” everything. What a brilliant observation. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

“yOu jUSt wAnT tHe fEdS CoNtRoLLiNg eVeRyThINg”

Homeless Camps on Public Property a Felony

I guess cops in Tennessee aren’t feeding the prisons enough lately so they’re just gonna start locking up homeless people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

The founders intended for rights to be settled at the Federal level, at least for those they considered to be worth giving rights to when our founding documents were originally assembled. They were on the right path by setting certain things there and not openly ascribing the federal government power since, hell, they saw what Britain's gameplan was in addition to wanting to set a level playing field for every American. But as forward-thinking as they were, they couldn't foresee every possibility in the future. 

Amendments had to be put in place to set forth rights at the federal level because states many wouldn't do so on their own. This (depending on the case) was either because those groups receiving the rights couldn't actually vote or weren't considered to be valuable enough to be given any rights, much less the right to vote, or their votes were minimized in power.

There's also a giant leap between granting medical privacy rights and the Soviet Union. In fact, providing privacy rights is something the Soviet Union (and right now, the Russian Federation, as Putin is borrowing heavily from the playbook he probably helped write) would actually frown upon.

Edited by meangreendork
  • Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

“yOu jUSt wAnT tHe fEdS CoNtRoLLiNg eVeRyThINg”

Homeless Camps on Public Property a Felony

I guess cops in Tennessee aren’t feeding the prisons enough lately so they’re just gonna start locking up homeless people. 

Better than your liberal DA in Los Angeles that is letting felons walk.

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 2

23 hours ago, Coffee and TV said:

Right. One is you pitching a fit about the boy bathrooms in Oregon, and one is the Vice President being afraid for his safety and the safety of democracy in America because his boss is trying to do some illegal power hold. The whole concept of you even being bothered by tampons is what's insane my dude. 

What am I missing?  Pitching a fit?  I don't think so, but ridiculing the stupidity of providing feminine (can I still call them that) products in a boys' restroom is makes zero sense and is laughable at best.

If Pence were afraid wouldn't he have taken the advice of the Secret Service and left?  By the way, those alleged coup members were the most ill equipped in history.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

6 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

honestly, the most astounding take-away from this entire thread was @MeanGreenPatriot’s proper use of modern pronouns in the title. 

dude. kudos to you and personal growth and sensitivity 

Modern pronouns are no different then pronouns used decades ago. Sensitive? I still thinks Libs are bun toting, skinny Jean wearing sissies. Haven’t changed a bit in that aspect. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

21 minutes ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

Modern pronouns are no different then pronouns used decades ago. Sensitive? I still thinks Libs are bun toting, skinny Jean wearing sissies. Haven’t changed a bit in that aspect. 

and he critiques hair style and fashion. wow. what a modern man. you're lovely. 

what Taylor Swift tracks really make you well up with emotion? for me it's the 10 minute re-issue of All Too Well. I mean, really...c'mon Jake...just give her back her scarf already, right?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, Censored by Laurie said:

and he critiques hair style and fashion. wow. what a modern man. you're lovely. 

what Taylor Swift tracks really make you well up with emotion? for me it's the 10 minute re-issue of All Too Well. I mean, really...c'mon Jake...just give her back her scarf already, right?

You were never really funny even though you sadly attempted to be. Now your level of humor is plain pathetic, Jake.

I am waiting for your boyfriend to swoop in and protect his little snuggles. 

• Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

7 hours ago, MeanGreenPatriot said:

You were never really funny even though you sadly attempted to be. Now your level of humor is plain pathetic, Jake.

I am waiting for your boyfriend to swoop in and protect his little snuggles. 

nothing communicates strong and confident masculinity quite like homophobia. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eye Roll 3