Underdog Pawdcast: Seth Littrell

Bunch of softball questions.

I get it. You want these guys to come back so you're nice, but let's hear a question on why he can't find a QB that throws better than 50% or why he can't find a decent QB coach or why he can't beat winning teams. 

Stuff like this already makes me more pessimistic than I am. Littrell mentions his frustration with the transfer portal and NIL not having any rules. SO WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING ADVANTAGE LIKE THE OTHER SCHOOLS ARE.

No excuses my ass. Get out there and do something, you're the freaking head coach. Be proactive, not reactive for once. They're called diamonds in the rough for a reason. They're few and far between, and they're damn sure not how you build a complete football team.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

26 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Stuff like this already makes me more pessimistic than I am. Littrell mentions his frustration with the transfer portal and NIL not having any rules. SO WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING ADVANTAGE LIKE THE OTHER SCHOOLS ARE.

No excuses my ass. Get out there and do something, you're the freaking head coach. Be proactive, not reactive for once. They're called diamonds in the rough for a reason. They're few and far between, and they're damn sure not how you build a complete football team.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Bunch of softball questions.

I get it. You want these guys to come back so you're nice, but let's hear a question on why he can't find a QB that throws better than 50% or why he can't find a decent QB coach or why he can't beat winning teams. 

Yeah, early in the podcast he came across as griping. I thought it got better as it went along, but that early stuff was brutal to listen to.  He said he felt good about the team, but always gave the “if we can stay healthy” disclaimer.  
Let’s see what happens in this last signing period.  Still have a few more scholarships left. He made it seem like best available was the goal. We’ll see. 

• Upvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

Some of you seem to never watched a college coach interview show.  They are generally not inquisitions, but do provide fans with a lot of information.  The truth is that you are more likely to get a valid response by asking questions that don't irk the interviewee.

Example, coach why was the record so bad last year, versus coach what are you going to do to be better next year.  Both questions will probably get the same response; however one is going to sour the tone of the interview and one not. 

Littrell like 90 plus percent of coaches is a master of coach speak, positive but not committal at the same time.  

• Upvote 1