Danny Lenard LB,HBU

12 hours ago, GrayEagle said:

Remember a quarterback from that same HBU team named Bailey Zappe?  Tell me that he didn't belong in the FBS.  

Zappe was not just an exceptional college QB, he was also drafted in the 4th Round by the Patriots.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ntexeagle said:

I’ve  said it before, but I will say it again.  Why is it necessary to denigrate, run down or doubt the ability of incoming players before we ever see them on the field?  

Using that logic, it would be just the same as lauding an incoming player.  Got to have an opinion, no matter how little is actually known about the player. 

Most of us know nothing about any of these prospects other than what 247 or another rankings has published.  Not a knock, but looking at highlight films, reported stats, reported size and rankings is a very narrow view.  

This is further complicated by the great numbers of transfers, which should be easier to grade; but I don't think that 247 and others have really got the process down.  

It has gotten to the point, that star ratings tell us little, because almost all recruits that fall to the G5 level or ranked 3 stars.  Then you get to a numeral rating stat and parse how many points they have been rewarded.  

I do it, and I wonder why NT is at tenth in the conference versus last year's one.  Is this a reflection of the last two years records, worse recruiters, or just bad analysis by the rankers? 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ntexeagle said:

I’ve  said it before, but I will say it again.  Why is it necessary to denigrate, run down or doubt the ability of incoming players before we ever see them on the field?  

There are zero comments in this thread directed at Mr. Lenard.

Why is Alabama not going after DII? Why are 5 stars more likely to populate the the P5 rosters? Why can't junior WR John Smith from Not Real High School, California, who runs a 5.2 40, only get to play football in DII and not have any scholarship offers for USC?

This isn't hard.  When we are going after DII, JUCO, and G5 dropouts while our peers are going after P5 dropouts and avoiding DII, there are going to be concerned posts.  If I was Mr. Lenard, I would use this as motivation.  If I was WR John Smith entering my senior year, I would get in the gym and find a way to work even harder.

If this rubs people wrong, sorry! It's sports talk.  Stay off message boards until your championship-paid coach can get to more than 6 wins and break the 4 game postseason losing streak.  Watch sports in the comforts of your AC'd home, where you aren't surrounded by beer and tailgate.  The fans care about their team and are going to speculate about why things are wrong.  It is never personal against anyone on the roster, past present or future.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1
  • Ray 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

31 minutes ago, greenminer said:

There are zero comments in this thread directed at Mr. Lenard.

Why is Alabama not going after DII? Why are 5 stars more likely to populate the the P5 rosters? Why can't junior WR John Smith from Not Real High School, California, who runs a 5.2 40, only get to play football in DII and not have any scholarship offers for USC?

This isn't hard.  When we are going after DII, JUCO, and G5 dropouts while our peers are going after P5 dropouts and avoiding DII, there are going to concerned posts.  If I was Mr. Lenard, I would use this as motivation.  If I was WR John Smith entering my senior year, I would get in the gym and find a way to work even harder.

If this rubs people wrong, sorry! It's sports talk.  Stay off message boards until your championship-paid coach can get to more than 6 wins and break the 4 game postseason losing streak.  Watch sports in the comforts of your AC'd home, where you aren't surrounded by beer and tailgate.  The fans care about their team and are going to speculate about why things are wrong.  It is never personal against anyone on the roster, past present or future.

3U29fcF.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• 6 months later...
On 5/2/2022 at 6:39 PM, p_phelps said:

Why are we not going after any D1 transfers? Seems like all D2 guys

I believe that we are pursuing Division II players that put on tremendous growth since they graduated.  Had they been their current size, they would have likely been 3-star athletes.  I trust that these have been thoroughly scrutinized in the film room.  It's also easier to get them to commit rather than vie with P5 teams.