TBT - Mean Green Alumni team!

42 minutes ago, greenminer said:

So far we have:

Zach Simmons
Jordan Williams
Shannon Shorter
TB III

You give me that roster (in their college playing days) and any of the following, Josh White, Ryan Woolridge or Javion Hamlet, and I’ll put $10,000 on them to win CUSA this year.  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Chris Jones, Tony Mitchell, Armani Flash, Javion Hamlet, and Marcus Smart. We set. 

I doubt Chris would consider himself one to "Bleed Green".   Armani Flannigan is an interesting name.  I know he was playing in Europe recently....   

Marcus Smart?!?!  Wrong Green.  

51 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I doubt Chris would consider himself one to "Bleed Green".   Armani Flannigan is an interesting name.  I know he was playing in Europe recently....   

Marcus Smart?!?!  Wrong Green.  

Lol I meant Roosevelt smart, but had just been on a different sports page lol. Armani would play I know. 

Chris might consider if Jordan and Tony play. He didn’t hate UNT. He is just the guy that butted heads with Benford. 

8 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Don’t remember Armani Flash or Marcus Smart ever playing for the Mean Green 🤣

https://meangreensports.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/armani-flannigan/102
"Armani Flash" is his Twitter handle.

Marcus Smart was recruited here pretty hard back when he was at FM Marcus.  It was Coach Jones's last season here, and he just landed that class of Mitchell, JWilliams, Jones, & Robinson, plus bringing Roger Franklin home... NT had assembled somewhat of a DFW All-Star team, so it wasn't just a pipe dream to land him at the time.
He and Phil Forte attended a few games at the Super Pit, but they both wound up at OKSt.

• Thanks 1