#1 recruit attraction

Wag Tag

This is only ONE of the reasons, after more than 2 decades as a season ticket holder, I decided NOT to renew. 

Any purity that might  have existed in college sports is gone. 

Furthermore I can no longer justify nor support the outlandish salaries paid to coaches and athletic staff especially for mediocrity at best. 

It was fun while it lasted but it’s over folks. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 1

The Draft. I find it odd that so many people are that invested in their pro team that they travel to Las Vegas and dress up like they do for the draft.  To each his own. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4

You have to wonder how long until this hits the high schools. With so many districts having open enrollment and so much recruiting already going on how soon until legal pay-for-play comes to high schools? Then again, maybe this will help curb some of the bogus private schools that are set up to be athletic factories claiming to provide educations.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

The Draft. I find it odd that so many people are that invested in their pro team that they travel and dress up like they do to Las Vegas for the draft.  To each his own. 

People find it odd we support UNT, so there's that lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, texx2818 said:

Yeah, I’m pretty much done with college sports. I’ll hang onto basketball for a while until NIL takes hold of that too.

Lol have you kept up with the Miami drama? NIL put its claws in Basketball a long time ago.

• Upvote 1

I get that it hurts, but why is it that all of these players who are finally getting paid result in blaming the players for this, when there are so many other people making millions off the sport?

Anyone should be allowed to do this. What you all want is the NFL, where there is a salary cap and everyone shares in the spoils. But it's not set up that way, and the rich don't generally ever volunteer to share.

Edited by MeanGreenHoops
spelling/clarity
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1

21 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

You have to wonder how long until this hits the high schools. With so many districts having open enrollment and so much recruiting already going on how soon until legal pay-for-play comes to high schools? Then again, maybe this will help curb some of the bogus private schools that are set up to be athletic factories claiming to provide educations.

HS NIL are legal in Ca. I always wondered if this may have has an influence on Lincoln.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

I get that it hurts, but why is it that all of these players who are finally getting paid result in blaming the players for this, when there are so many other people making millions off the sport?

Anyone should be allowed to do this. What you all want is the NFL, where there is a salary cap and everyone shares in the spoils. But it's not set up that way, and the rich don't generally ever volunteer to share.

Example 80009 as to why the P5 Giants need to go...let the rest of us have real amateur college sports. Let the rest of us enjoy the games as we have known them. I can assure you that UT, A&M, OU, LSU, Bama, etc... because they are bigger and more funded than many NFL/NBA teams, they will be able to buy players away for much more than anyone else. Even the SMUs, TCUs, and Baylor's can't compete financially with those 30-40 giants of College sports.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1